Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Over the past two weeks, construction has finally begun on our addition.  Darren and I are losing our minds (I thought I had already lost mine, but found out otherwise bear_tongue  bear_grin  :crackup: ) with all the decisions to be made and fixtures to choose for the two baths, lighting, etc, etc, etc. bear_wacko  bear_wacko  We spent 2 1/2 hours at the plumbing supply warehouse our plumber sent us to, and only managed to choose about half of what we need.  So...we have to go back and do that again.  I feel another headache coming on! bear_ermm  bear_laugh  The most difficult part is finding things that both of us can agree on.  Darren's tastes can be much different than mine, with mine unevitably being the most expensive to boot.  Can't help it I've got great taste, now can I?! :crackup:  :crackup:

Anyway, here's some pics of the work done so far.  Except the contractors did also get the floor joists in and part of the subfloor which I haven't snapped a pic of yet.  They are to be out monday to finish the subfloor and start putting up walls.  It's starting to look like something........I can't wait! :dance:

'Before' pic of the front of our house.  The red, white, and blue stuff (I'm very patriotic, but the color scheme on my house is too much for me! :redface: )will be changed and there will be a nice sized porch for the front door along with landscaping all along the front.
frontviewhousebefore.jpg

Before pic of the south side of the house where the new addition is going.  We are adding on 600 square feet which will include a large master bedroom and decent sized bath.  And the best part.......my studio! :dance:  :dance:
sideviewhousebefore.jpg

Excavation completed for the foundation:
dirtexcavated.jpg

Zach, king of the dirt pile!!  I was surprised at how huge the pile of dirt is.......and Zach is in dirt heaven!! bear_grin No surprise there.....he is a dirt magnet after all!! :crackup:
zachofthedirtpile.jpg

Footings are poured with rebar inserted for the foundation walls:
footingspoured.jpg

Foundation walls put in:
foundationwalls.jpg

Finally, Amber with the contractor's trailer.  She has been having a love affair with her own reflection since that trailer was parked there.  Stands there gazing at herself, and then "tells herself off" by kicking a hind foot and squealing. :doh: I always believed her to be highly intelligent, but  :doh: bear_wacko  bear_whistle ................
amberandtrailer.jpg

I will keep posting pictures as things come along.......it's fun sharing this adventure with all of you! :hug:   There is so much to be done, I wonder sometimes how it can possibly be ready by fall, but we are assured it will be.  Some remodeling is being done to the existing house as well.  I will make sure to take some before and after pics of all that too!

:hug:
Tracy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Tracy, I love all the photos of your progress . . . can't wait to see the finished product!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: 
:dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wooohoooo!!!!

How exciting Tracy!!! n015.gif

It will be such fun to see it develop. n020.gif

Awww Your little gal is just lonely!

What are your plans for your studio???  I am betting that's more planned in your mind than anything else.

Keep the piccys coming....

n040.gif

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

HIi Tracy,
How wonderful for you that it is all starting to come together, hope you don't stress out too much....tiles, taps, colour, sinks, lights  bear_wacko
Good Luck
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

Iowa
Website

No Dilu.......Amber's not lonely, just vain as Renae pointed out in another thread! :crackup:  :crackup: (And she might be part parakeet too..... good one Renae!:crackup: )  She is in love with herself apparently bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes ............

I should try to catch her at it again and get a better pic of her....when it's not getting dark.  She will stand there with her forehead almost touching the trailer and stare at herself.  Very odd! bear_wacko

And of course I have my studio all planned out!  That was the very first thing I thought about......I admit it!! bear_grin  :redface:   The room won't be huge.....10' x 10', but that's big enough for my purposes.  I'll have two big windows...one of which is a southern exposure.  Lots of excellent lighting, and storage in the form of closet shelves and the chifforobe Darren my sweetie bought me at an antique auction recently.  Also, my big sewing table will follow me in there.......it's an antique dining table and just happens to match the chifforobe. bear_wub   I think I still need another cupboard of some kind........oh goodie!!  :dance:  That's an excuse to haunt the antique shops! bear_grin  One of the most important things that I really insisted on was a built in photo closet.  No more setting up outside and dealing with the crazy weather......and bugs now that it's summer. bear_ermm

Is there anything else anyone can think of that I might not have?  Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated! :hug:  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Great Tracy, please post pictures as the building goes up. AH, a studio of my own, how I would love that! Dreaming over. Good luck with it all!

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Lucky you Tracy, well done. Keep the photo's coming  :clap:

Our Home Addition hopefully will start in a few weeks time also.

Iowa
Website

:hug:  :hug: Thanks girls!  I will sure keep the pics coming! 

Yeah Karen!! :dance:  :dance: Isn't it exciting? You must post pics also! bear_wub

Board footer