Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Well yesterday was full of ups and downs and ups.

I took  her to the vet at 1pm and all was ok, she wasn't fully dilated and no pups had presented themselves in the birth canal.  We were sent home to wait  bear_grin

at 2.30 I noticed she was straining quite hard and a bulge had appeared

184362577_ebd482aedf.jpg

I did a quick internal and sure enough the pups head was there.  So I paced for ages and waitied at 3.30 still no pup so I packed her into the car and took her back to the vet.  The vet was fantastic and ahead of everyone else whisked her.  They gave her a couple of shots to see if they could get her to deliver.  I was sent home at this point as they said thet they were going to ceaser her if she didn't present the first pup in the next 15 minutes. As I had 3 of the 4 girls I thought it was a good option.

As it turned out she did have the casesar!  There were 4 pups but unfortunately the first one didn't make it so we have three lovely pups.  Two boys and a girl.

184362627_1fcce0daaa_m.jpg
The three pups from left to right boy, boy, girl

Now the close ups of the pups,  It is very hard to hold a wiggling pup in one hand and take decent photots so sorry for the quality,  when hubby gets home I will get better ones!

184362667_c5d3e307de_m.jpg
This is a boy he is a real slug and once he latches onto mum he holds on!  He looks oure white at the moment but he will actually get black around the nose and one of his ears has a black spot.... he could get more as white pups (with bullies anyway) often will develop spots when they are older.

184362709_3ab480b69b_m.jpg
This is the second male.  He has little white toes and a white tick on his back.  Although he looks black he is actually a very dark Brindle!  He is a fusspoot and roams away causing heartattacks for his mother!

184362748_2e8071dfdb_m.jpg
The girl.  She also has white toes! She is a light brindle and may even change to a reddish colour only time will tell!

184371317_e900bf30f8_m.jpg
The happy family.

I was a little disappointed in myself for not taking her to the vet sooner. The 4th pup may have survived.  But we will never know.  I do know that she will not be able to ever have a normal birth as this is her third litter and 2nd ceasarian, the vet said it was quite normal in  Bullies as I thought there was something wrong with her, he said no.  So I will not be getting her spayed and she will have another 18 or so months to recover!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

How wonderful....Yay momma for a job well done.  She looks exhausted though.

So sorry for the lost of one little one. 

Hugs to you...

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Bronwen,
     I'm sorry you lost one puppy, but things like this happen.  At least mom and other three babies are healthy and happy.  They are absolutely adorable and the little white one is my favourite.  They must be lovely to snuggle - there is nothing like the smell of a tiny puppy!

hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awwwwww - I love puppies!  Adorable!

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Dear Bronwen,
So sad that you have lost one of the darling  pups, poor mum she has been through heaps. Those tiny little faces are adorable.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

So sorry to hear you lost one of the pups - how sad.  But the three look like gorgeous little healthy things - I'm glad things turned out oK

Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

How cute are they! Just look at those sweet little pups. I could not choose a favourite as they all pull at my heart strings.  bear_wub
Good luck with them all. Sad that she lost the other pup.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

They are adorable!! Sad that you lost one. 

My question is :

How are you going to manage???  (puppies and your girls!!!!)  You are going to be a very busy lady. 

hugs Lisa

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Beautiful, precious little bullies!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Give them each (and their Mom) a big wet slobbery kiss for me. Are they ever CUTE!!

Do NOT blame yourself for the loss of a pup. You did everything you could, and I doubt the vet could have saved the poor wee thing.

They are SO cute!! bear_wub

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

AWWWW!! They are adorable!  bear_wub

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub Oh those are the cutest puppies ever!!  I especially love the white one.  I wish I could have him! bear_wub

Don't blame yourself for loosing the first pup Bronwen.  You did everything you could have done and did end up with three healthy pups!  I have lost kittens before with my barn cats when they needed an emergency C-section and I didn't realize it in time. bear_cry Great job......you were on top of things! bear_thumb  :hug:  :hug:

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Awww Browen they are adorable... I love the little white one. bear_wub
Im posting your swap bear this week.... bear_thumb
Lanie x

Board footer