Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hmmm....take a few weeks off to slave for a show and all sorts of things happen around here! 

I've taken the odd moment to pop in and look - but for the first time in ages have had a good shufti through the bears for sale/showcase sections and I am bowled over.  There's big bears from people I think of as mini makers and mini bears from people I think of as "big bear" makers.  There's colourful bears, dressed bears and lots of bears with those "take me home" eyes.

Everybody seems to have been pushing themselves in new directions and there are some stunners on both boards.  Instead of feeling inferior in comparison to the abundance of talent that is teddy talk, I've taken it as a personal challenge to up my game and design some new bears.  I have been longing to master a truly traditional bear (in mini of course) for ages - not to sell - but just to show myself I can do it...so rather belatedly I will take up Paula's challenge.  bear_whistle 

I have a few orders to make from the show but give me a couple of weeks and hopefully you'll see something new and improved from the Honeythorpe Bears lineup.

Anyway a big thumbs up and pat on the back to all of you - keep those cool bears coming!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

ain't it the truth!
yeah ya know....I come here for the eye candy............. :photo:  :clap:

& the bears are nice, too!  :crackup:  bear_grin  bear_tongue  bear_whistle

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Melissa,
     I agree - the bears on TT just keep getting better and better!  I'm glad you are going to do the classic challenge.  Can't wait to see your wee one.  It's funny - I've gone bigger and bigger this summer, and now I am working on a very tiny one and does it ever seem odd LOL!

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer