Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

I hope someone on TT has some experience with this . . . . bear_cry

I've been embroidering long claws on my traditional challenge bear with perle cotton, and they don't seem very secure.

From the photos of old Steiffs I've studied, these are long claws, extending from the edge of the pad back over the fur of the paw.

I'm starting with the center claw and embroidering alternate sides with a fair bit of tension to keep the claws as stable as possible, but they still look as if they will shift in a strong wind.

Does anyone know of a better way?

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Eileen,
What about trying a different thread.  I have found that Bunka thread which is like a fine yarn is not as smooth as perle cotton and seems to stay put.  I have found  this to work beautifully for noses too.  No shifting at all.  Good luck! bear_thumb

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks for a fantastic idea, Judi--I had to Google Bunka, but it looks just right.  bear_thumb

Now to find some . . .

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Eileen, Try  a Ben Franklins Craft store or Michaels.  Good Luck! bear_thumb  bear_flower  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks, Judi--no one here seems to carry it.

Board footer