Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sue Ann made a wonderful bear that features a scrapbooking embellishment on a neck cord.  And my website is inspired by scrapbooking and I attempted, purposefully, a "scrapbook-y" feel in creating it.

I'm a terrible scrapbooker -- in the sense that I have ten million pictures waiting to be scrapped, and am a decade behind in doing so (seriously) -- but I love it a lot.  I used to do it in the traditional paper-pen-paste way, but since discovering PhotoShop have made a few digitally scrapbooked pages.  I'll post one as an example; it's really fun!

I was just wondering how many of you other bearmakers also count scrapbooking as one of your creative influences and/or interests?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

FORWEBToby--Noah----ANNUAL.jpgHere's a simple page I did using PhotoShop.  The extra snowflakes were added using a PhotoShop "brush."  It's fun!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That's a VERY nice page, Shelli.  I don't scrapbook at all, but I LOVE, LOVE some of the embellishments . . . so I have bought tons of them for use on bears and just about everything else!!  The bottle caps (necklace I have on Regan) are really cute, I think, and I got plain ones so I could use stickers on them.  I have all sorts of "words" on metal strips that I use on my little paper mache photo boxes (with my bear photos on them).  Anyway, I guess I use a lot of scrapbooking stuff without actually making scrapbooks.  Sigh . . . I don't think I'll ever grow up or quit trying to do crafty stuff.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Hey, but that's what makes life fun!  Trying new things and being creative and just plain experimenting!

About a year ago, when I was very new, I made a bear -- LOVE -- and used a scrapbooking metal embellishment with her name as an accent.  She sold very nicely!  I think scrapbooking embellishments and papers are great places to go for inspiration and ideas, including color combinations, and thematic direction.

I'll try to post a picture of LOVE with her little scrapbooking tag.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

LOVE-3-qtr-view.jpgHere she is.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Funny you should mention that!  I just purchased some scrapbooking embellishments on Friday online and was intending to use them on my bears!  Wow, great minds think alike!

answer to your question, no I dont scrap book... however, i do have a scrap book for my wedding photos... never got around to it...

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

She is a beauty!  I love her nose!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Thank you! bear_original

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Shelli, I am a scrapbooker, I have plenty of projects half started, but not enough time, too busy doing other things, bears, housework, children, work, etc.

I love your website and what you have done with it to give it that scrapped look.  Your girl bear is simply gorgeous as well. ;)

I also agree I have bought some embellishments to incorporate with bearmaking too, and looking at some of the other products that are used to incorporate in some way.

Just wish I had more time.:(

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shelli, another wonderful picture !!!!! Is both boy is your boys!? they are
so cute♪♪ and I love what you did on the pics, snow freaks are lovely bear_laugh
Love is another gorgeous bear !
Can I ask you silly question ? where can I found the scrapbooking metal embellishment .....do you buy from craft shop ? or do you hand made !?
I really love what you put for LOVE. bear_laugh

karen, I hear you ! I think we need 48hours in oneday..... he he

Hugs/Marie

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ahhh scrapbooking.  I've been a rubber stamper for years, never REALLY TRUELY clicking with it.  Even had our own range of rubber stamps that Time To Stamp now carry.  Anyhow, so I've seen the HUGE rise of scrapbooking.  When it first came out, I thought.. why...most of it is ugly.  However, it has really grown up, and there's some really lovely stuff being made now.  I feel the pull towards trying it.. but since I don't have kiddies... I'm going to stay strong! 

Love your page and bear Shelli. You are a multi talented lady!
Danni

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Marie . . . I buy scrapbook embellishments at craft stores and over the internet.  Just Google "scrapbooking" and you'll come up with MANY sources for buying everything scrapbook!!!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Thank you Sue-Ann, I did research on  "scrapbooking" in internet
and found MANY MANY sources!!!!! :rolleyes::D:P

I think I just found the new hobby for me ....... he he he

Hugs/Marie

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

I am a paper/ribbon holic.  Is that a word?  If not, it should be.  I am always buying paper, ribbon and embellishments.  I have tons of scrapbooking supplies bought with the best intentions but do not have a completed scrapbook.  I have everything to do one of our son's wedding (Feb - 2002) and one to do for him with a fishing theme from when he was just a baby until the present (he is 30).  There is just not enough time to do the FUN things.  I still keep buying the beautiful papers and make cards and envelopes, even if I do not get to the scrapbooking yet.  One of these days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have tons of ribbon too!!! every time I see it on sale, I get more... i actually have to stand and think "ok, do I have this color already" bear_laugh

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I don't scrapbook, no. Just doesn't interest me. BUT.... I do have tonnes of scrapbooking embelishments. I will use them with my teddies, but they are also really great for inspiration and to use with my clay sculptures.
I con't concider myself crafty, although I could spend a whole day (and a whole lot of money) in one the large craft stores.
Glad I'm not the only one!
Heather

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

HA!!  Heather, you don't consider yourself a craft person . . . yet will spend the day and money in a craft store???!!!  Hmmmm . . . you need to rethink that one, Girl! bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Alright, Sue Ann. You're right!! But I think I prefer the term "artist" although, same result in the end.
Aren't we all bear artists??  By looking at all the work, I sure think we are. That's for sure.
Heather

Australia

Hmmm, always makes me wondering why Crafter is such a dirty word!! LOL

Can someone explain to me, why bears are ART rather than CRAFT??  What makes a crafter?

Danni

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Shelli what a beautiful bear LOVE is. I want her!!!!!!

hugs Louise

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

O.K., I'll "come out of the closet" and admit that I too am a craft-a-holic.  I think I've tried it all, scrapbooking, rubber stamping, knitting, sewing, crochet, tole painting, oil painting, cross-stitch......and on, and on.   

Oh yah ,I too spend hours in the craft stores much to my husband's confusion.   He just can't understand what I do in there for so long.  It is just so fun to look and touch.  Is there a crafters anonymous forum anywhere LOL:D

Shelli, I think the scrapbook embellishments make great bear accessories too.  I've used some decorative keys around my bears necks.   I love, LOVE.  She is beautiful !

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

I too just love crafts, I never buy cards, I make them all myself and often make gifts for family.  I've got lots of rubber stamps - most impressed that you even had your own rubber stamps made Danni - how did you do that - you must be really good at drawing?  I have not yet tried scrap booking but after our last holiday to Canada where I got engaged I would really love to make a special photo/ scrap book.  Unfortunately I don't have any really good big craft stores here in Belgium like I did in the UK... mmmm this could take some time looking at the internet, ebay....  must avoid the temptation and finish my bear... oo the oven timer is peeping - the nose for my bear is baked!!

Byeee
Hugs,
Catherine

Australia

HI Catherine,

We didn't use drawings, just clip art and photo photos. :)

Pretty fun!!!! 

Danni

Board footer