Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi to everyone,

Just curious to know if anyone gets the magazine Teddy Bear Scene, (UK magazine)?
I have an article about my Bears in the July issue and gave my Bear Emma to be a prize
in their competition.
As the magazine takes a month to reach the shores of New Zealand, I have not been able to
see it yet. Has anyone seen my article about Draffin Bears?
Please can you let me know if you have.
Thanks, .

Bear hugs
Carolyn bear_original

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Congrats Carolyn, that's WONDERFUL news!  I'm in your position, I won't see it for ages, but I wanted to congratulate you anyhow.  That's fantastic news.  You must be over the moon!

Danni

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Carolyn, does Teddy Bear Scene have a website?  A lot of the magazines have articles from the current issue online.  Big congrats for that honor!!!

Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thanks Danni and Sue Ann,

Yes, they do have a web-site but only a few items listed so I will have to be patient and wait
until I receive my copy in about a month.
The joys of living on the other side of the world.
. I have been pruning my roses and trimming my lavender hedges
it is such a gogeous day over here so making the most of the nice clear blue day -cold first thing
this morning but you don't mind if a nice day after.

Enjoy your Bear making

Carolyn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Only 10:30pm here, Carolyn . . . I'll probably be up another 2 hours or so.  Seems like I just hate to give up and go to bed 'cause there is another day of my life  - - - GONE!! bear_sad

Auckland New Zealand
Website

It is quite hard to get around the time difference sometimes - I looked at when you posted
your letter afterwards and it was about 8pm and then I realized how silly of me to think that you should be in bed as I thought that it was about 3am - sorry.

The other night we got a text  from friends who are in Paris for their honeymoon and my husband had not  turned off the cell phone and it beeped about 3am telling us that they were drinking some
nice red wine and eating cheese - so very good of them to wake us up to tell us that.

Carolyn

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi Carolyn,

I haven't read my copy yet, but I just hunted it out from my 'to do' pile and flicked through to find your article.  It looks great!  Gorgeous big pics of your bears and a lovely pic of you too!  It covers three whole pages!!!

By the way, one of my bears is in the same issue on the 'What's New' page!

For anyone who hasn't read a copy of Teddy Bear Scene yet, you must!  It's a great mag and Kathy the editor, is a smashing lady and completely dedicated to promoting the bear world, both here in the UK and overseas.

The website address for those of you bursting to subscribe is www.teddybearscene.co.uk :):D:)

Go on, you know you want to! bear_happy

Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Paula,

Many thanks for having a look in your Teddy Bear Scene Magazine. It was a horrible photo as my
hair looked all messy and taken late one night. The photo I wanted to put in was not large enough.
I  look forward to looking at the" Whats new page" and seeing your new Bear- what is his or her name?
Isn't Kathy a very lovely Lady and as you say, so very helpful.
Yes, Teddy Bear Scene is a great magazine and I hope anyone wanting to buy a new Bear mag
will choose TBS.
Thanks again

Bear hugs
Carolyn

www.draffinbears.com
bear_original

Board footer