Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

gbrame the piece parade
North Carolina

It all started out innocently enough.  Arriving in Binghamton, we had the usual artists reunions, usually in front of the elevators as we carried our luggage up to our rooms.  And things proceeded normally as you would expect....for a while anyway.

TBAI began Thursday evening with a Ross Park Zoo Benefit Gala.  See this photo of some of the attendees gathered around the teddy bear display table, chatting, catching up with one another -

benefitgala_2.JPG

Here's another photo - all fairly innocent, yes?  Jo Duckworth chatting with fellow artists Sarah Forrest and Robin Ruinsky.  You can even see a little of Karen Dinicola in the foreground.

duckworth_forrest_ruinsky_dinicola.jpg

Part of the gala included a wine tasting of the area Finger Lakes Wineries.  Yes, that is Mindy Kinsey and Kellie Love from Teddy Bear and Friends having a taste using the finely etched Teddy Bear & Friends/TBAI wine glasses so generousy provided by who else, but Teddy Bear and Friends.

love_kinsey.jpg

Soon Cindy Malchoff, artists and TBAI show promoter, was at the podium making a few announcements and introducing artists in attendance.  All of a sudden Cindy faints, there's a scream, the lights all go out and the next thing you know they are asking all of us not to go anywhere while they investigate what has happened.

Uh - oh!  There's been a been a cubnapping!  The raffle teddy made by Ethel Hughes has disappeared and in its place is a ransom note.  Luckily, John Lamb, former detective and author is in the room and offers to help investigate the bear's disappearance.  The crime scene was secured and now clues are being assembled.  What is this world coming to when a teddy bear is not safe at a teddy bear artist invitational?

french_lamb_1.jpg
John Lamb with artist Penny French in the background.

The Crime Scene

crimescene.jpg

Luckily, my husband Jay was in the right place at the right time to comfort a distraught Ethel Hughes.  He's so compassionate . . .

hughes_postcubnapping.jpg

When something like this happens, you start looking at those around you and become very suspicious.  Could either artist Karen O'Brien (left) or collector Linda Anderson be the culprit?

obrien_anderson.jpg

How about Karen's husband, Paul?  Do you think he's as innocent as he looks as he chats with the Teddies Spring Show promoter Robin Atkins?

obrien_atkins.jpg

Lastly, you see me on the right discussing the tragedy of such an atrocity with Judy Mallar, collector.

mallar_brame.jpg

Stay tuned, they've got some experts on the case.  I'll bet this mystery is solved before the weekend is over!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh me Oh my !! Where are you TEDDY ???

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_shocked 

Spellbinding

bear_shocked

More, more, more . . .

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

More please...poor teddy!  bear_cry

Send in the Teddy Patrol and take some  :photo: :photo:  :photo:   of the crime scene!

Who done it???????????  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Please update and let us know soon...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this has a  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  ending...........

and we all end up  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

and the story finishes with a big  bear_thumb

Where are you teddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bear_ermm

Hugs Jane.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

a049.gif

Who would dare?!

a176.gif

But your hubby is such a sweet heart, and a good looking dude too

But I have a real big problem with you, my dear!

c002.gif

[size=26]How could you leave us hanging like this?!!!![/size] a194.gif

c014.gif

gollyhugs

dilu

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh goodness .... I really hope that this story has a happy ending.
The poor wee cub!

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Oh what fun! I wish I could go to TBAI one of these years!

gbrame the piece parade
North Carolina

Hi everyone,

I am glad you are enjoying this little bit of craziness we call TBAI!  You all are such a fun group you would fit in just perfectly at this show!  Now that might be just TOO much fun!  Jodi Renae Eileen Jane Diane (Dilu) Carolynn and Edie - it would be fabulous to have you all here joining in the madness.  There's more of us out here . . .

Take care,
ginger

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Maybe you should ask Hercule Poirot some help...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Board footer