Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

gbrame the piece parade
North Carolina

After yesterday, none of us knew quite what to expect today, but the show must go on.  First on the agenda for those who chose it, a brief train ride throught the countryside to Cooperstown.  We had to take a bus to get to the station an hour away, so here you see a snapshot of our "flight attendant" artist Darlene Allen who flew all the way from Florida just to serve us juice, danish and apples on our trip.  Who says there aren't perks to being a teddy bear artist?  And of course, those of us who were served felt pretty special too!  And trying to dodge out of the way just down front, you might recognize a familiar face from here on TT - Deb Burnham.

bus_train_allen_burnham.jpg

Next a shot of some of the passengers in the open air car of the train.  A nice, breezy day for a relaxing 10mph train ride on an old train.

openair_traincar.jpg

There was an "incident" on the train.  And yes, I was involved, but it was purely a frame-up.  How it happened I do not know, but someone is trying to put the blame for the cubnapping on me.  While on the train, a whole bunch of bit o' honey candies fell out of my bag!  I have no idea how they got there, but now I have a cloud hanging over my head.  Apparently, evidence in the case includes bit o' honey candies and chocolate left handed fingerprints. 

Trying to put the situation out of mind, we returned to the hotel and after lunch the artists set up their tables in the ballroom.  Here's a photo of mine:

brame_display.jpg

While the artists set up their displays, the collectors and interested parties gathered together to discuss the clues with the lead investigator.  I just happened to walk by and discovered my name is on the short list of suspects.  Not only that, my husband, the compassionate one, proceeds to volunteer that I am left handed.  I will tell you like I told them, I had nothing to do with the disappearance of the bear.

onthecase_lamb_collectors.jpg

Here's a photo of the list of the evidence they have accumulated so far.

cubnapping_clues.jpg

After a break, it was time for the gallery to be revealed and votes casts for the winners for the People's Choice Awards.  Here you see a bit of the gallery and people trying to make up their minds which piece to vote for and which ones to purchase.  Decisions!  Decisions!

tbai_gallery_1.jpg

Then they got a sneak peak at the Artists tables before the TBAI feast begins.

tbai_preview.jpg

On to the feast!

First the table:

feast_table.jpg

Then the guests:

tbai_feast.jpg

And after a sumptuous dinner, the long anticipated, famous TBAI dessert made especially with some of you choco-holics in mind:

dessert.jpg

Then they announced the results of the voting for the Peoples Choice Awards.

Oh my - look how late it is!  I really have to get to bed.  The show opens tomorrow and I don't want to be late!

Well - okay.  I guess I can at least tell you the winners before I sign off. . .

3rd place went to Art Rogers:

rogers_3win.jpg

2nd place went to Ethel Hughes:

hughes_win2.jpg

1st place under 8" - Donna Griffin

griffin_win8in.jpg

1st place over 8" - Penny French

french_1win.jpg

Congratulations to them all!  I think that about covers the highlights.  There's still no definitive answers on the cubnapping.  But, truthfully, if you had seen the bear, she's a real cutie, so it's no wonder she caught the eye of some crafty opportunist!  The experts are getting closer to solving the case, so watch for further developments tomorrow!  And maybe I can snap a few photos of some of the artists tables which will just make you drool.  Actually, I think they are passing out tissues as you go in the door!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh no Teddy is still missing.  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

:photo: everyone and then throw some honey candy, those who catch with their left hands...tut, tut, tut!

Please save that poor teddy!!!!! bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Thanks for the report Ginger, it sounds like you are all having a wonderful time. I can't wait to see the pictures of the artists tables, after all that's what it's all about. Enjoy the rest of your visit and FIND THAT TEDDY!!!!!!!!

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

gbrame the piece parade
North Carolina

Hi Jane,

Will do my best to get some good photos!  More later!

ginger

Dilu Posts: 8,574

But....... But.......... But...you look so sweet, so innocent.......so loving......... so cute........how on earth could they think of blaming you?!

a065.gif

who are they!@!  I'll sic the gollies on 'em!

d040.gif  d045.gif

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Hmmm.... the plot thickens.....

I don't believe you did it, not for one minute! You've been framed! I hope they find the real dastardly cub-napper soon!

Great report Ginger and great pictures. Thanks for posting. Can't wait for tomorrows installment! bear_thumb  :hug:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Great photos and reporting Ginger! Of course we all KNOW you are innocent, but you have us on the edge of our seats waiting for tomorrow's installment!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

....they always blame the lefty!! Hope that the mystery is solved and your name cleared soon Ginger (that's of course if you are entirely blameless... :crackup: )

thanks for all the photos - it looks like lots of fun!  would love to see some closeups of your creations - I'm sure those winged ones will flit away to new homes very quickly!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I can't believe they think you did it .... OR DID YOU ????? bear_ermm  With this in mind it could be any one. Putting a wonderful teddy on a table un attended is just CRAZY bear_wacko  Where was the guard ? I guess we could be thankful there wasn't a doberman guard dog !!! YIPES bear_cry  But WE MUST FIND TEDDY , he must be really hungry by now .. TEDDY WHERE ARE YOU !!!!!!

In deep worry.... Jodi Falk

Board footer