Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I am so excited that I am going to participate in the San Diego ABC Unlimited Productions Bear show this August.  I have only done two show and they were about six years ago.  It is difficult for me to leave my family as I have  young children and a farmer for a hubbster...BUT...we will be in San Diego this August for a family reunion ( no, I don't have any family there , it's just  taken out the hat for a meeting place for our scattered family)

My hubsand talked me into doing this show..he is very supportive of my art and is my biggest fan. I am hoping to meet some TT'ers while I am there.

Sonya, Erin, and Kathy M...I am so excited to meet you.  I would love to meet more of you.  Will any of you be at the show?  OR are any of you close by where I could meet up with you?

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

If you send me a private jet with pilots included, all for free, then i sure can join...
bear_tongue  bear_tongue  bear_tongue

I cannot afford to travel, unfortunately...  bear_cry

Have fun, girls and take loads  of pics!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I did have plans to be at that show, but life intervened . . . . yet again.  Must help my daughter move from Wisconsin to Ohio in August.   bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Judi, I live in Ramona about 30 minutes from San Diego...  I would love to meet you and Erin do you have more info?  Who else is going?

Awesome! Do you know the dates?

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Judi I am so happy for you!!!!!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I wish I could be there but I can't.... maybe some day I will meet you in person, Judi.... some day bear_original

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Wow Judi how exting for you & your family !!  bear_flower

I can't go there but hope you have a wonderful time at there!  bear_laugh
August in Sandiego must be so HOT.  bear_cool

would you post your display-pics at here ? Pretty please !! :love:

Hugs/Kim

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

ok FOR THOSE WHO ASKED.. THE SAN DIEGO SHOW IS AS FOLLOWS:

ABC's August International Teddy Bear, Doll, and Antique Toy Show and Sale

August 11th-13th, 2006
Scottish Rite Center
1895 Camino Del Rio South
San Diego, CA

and how come I didn't get to meet Erin and Jenn at the last one.. POUT!

O.k.  We HAVE to meet in august! :hug:  Absolutely no excuses!  Can we all settle on a time to meet each other there?  Sonya I wouuld love to meet you too that way I can put names and faces together for such wonderful ladies.  Jenn

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Jenn, I would love to meet you too, and anyone else who will be at the show .  I am hoping to have a table near Sonya.  Maybe we can do a reporting live story. bear_thumb

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I wish I could go and meet everyone.   bear_cry    Judi, I'm glad you can go to the show.  I hope everyone has a great show and you sell lots of bears.  Of course, we'll be bothering everyone for pictures!   bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

PICTURES!!! Yes lots and LOTS of pictures....we LOVE pictures!!!! bear_thumb  bear_wub

Shelli, how far is Chico from SD?

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

Hi Judi, I'm new to this list, so I don't think you know me, however I will be at show as a teddy bear artist type person bear_rolleyes   I live in San Diego and have attended this show since 1990, as a collector and artist.
I would look forward to meeting all, maybe Intercal could host a message board where we could post notes on our whereabout at the show.  bear_original
Dorothy
p.s this is my first post (not counting the newbie one)

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Jenn, I would like to meet you too. Dorothy, do I know you? I have been doing San Diego since 2002. Sonya

ScottBear scott's bears

WOW !!! So many TT"S at S.D (it will allway's will be LINDAS SHOW lol) It will be very fun and intresting to meet all the TT"S
we need to have a party !!! How about your room judi?? we hosted in navada city!! It was great and lots of fun!! great food great frends great gossip!!!
Donna and I will bring the crudite' tray !!! Dont you just love the way I volenter Donna!!!bear (lets see how long befor she post to dig me back lol)

Maybe we need to ask Connie & Amber for a half table to promote TT and bring a laptop and sign up new members and make new TT buddys
and do a live half hour update kind of thing !!! WoW how cool would it be to have each of us do a special bear to post for sale on TT on the day of the show !!!!

Bearhugs
scott

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

WOW, Scott, you're full of ideas.  Do you have a lap top?  All the TT'ers are welcome to come back to my hotel after the show Sat night.  Bring your swinsuits!  I'll be staynig at a hotel about ten miles from the show.  We will be in town for a family reunion and we are all staying at the same hotel.

Scott, I havn't done a show in six years.  How many bears do you think I could get attractively on a four foot table?  Should I go for an eight foot table?  I am hoping to bring at least 15 bears and a tiger or two, and a good sized photo ablum.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

sounds like you will need an 8 foot table Judi. I have a hard time fitting that many on an eight footer. But then again, a lot of my bears are bigger.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I wish I could go but it's difficult to find time in August when the kids are starting back to school at the same time they are returning to me after an extended visit with their dad.  I wish the timing were different.

Judi, San Diego is about ten or more hours by car from Chico, each way.  Not a quick drive. bear_original

Dorothy... Didn't realize you were in San Diego!  It's a great place.  My sister will be moving there at some point in the next few years but she's Navy JAG and her husband, Secret Service, so they have to plan "Greater SoCal Area" for now until they can zoom in on San Diego.  She used to live near Coronado, where, when I win the lottery, I will retire to a gorgeous cottage full of sunshine and well-planted with flowers!

If EVERYONE is going to this shindig maybe I'll have to find a way to make an appearance as a visitor but I think it's just too stressful a time of year for me to show.  I love shows, love the collectors, love the chance to mingle and talk shop and get inspired.  But I admit, I find all the prep, and the not-selling-for-a-month-or-two that goes on beforehand and nearly bankrupts me!, to be very stressful.  Maybe that's just me.

bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Erin, will you bring me a cookie too .?

Oh, and Erin....I am sure there is a walmart or some sort of store I can buy plant stands when I get to SD???  I don't think I can handle packing them. Iwill be traveling with two of my three children and my husband so we'll have a few suitcases already. I thought I could just buy some when I get there .  I loved how Shelli used these for her display.  Simple, elegant, and very effective. bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb Thanks Shel.

Shelli, I understand how you feel.  I am in "show mode" right now.  I have to make a bear a week to put aside to have enough for this show...and still try and keep up with ebay for a cash flow.

Sonya, I think I am going to get an eight foot table.  Thanks for all your help.   I just sent away for my temporary seller permit for CA..BOE.   bear_thumb  bear_flower

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I think there are quite a few of us in "show mode" at the moment.  Like you, Judi, I have to put one bear aside every week in order to make a good presentation for the show I'm doing in San Jose in July.  It takes some long hours in the studio in order to keep up with web listings AND do shows.  I don't know how you do it with children to tend to as well.  Do you hire some of the work out like some artists do?

I just can't seem to bring myself to do that.  Issues with control, I suppose.  I'd sure get more done if I could at least have someone else do the sewing!  Oh, and one of those nifty machines that blow stuffing right in the bear would surely be a time saver.  Those cost at least a thirty gajillion dollars though.....a wee bit out of my price range!

My time allotment on TT is up.....gotta go!  Best hugs to all the "show mode" gals...and guys!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Judi, my plant stands are yours for the inspiration.  I'm glad you liked them!  I got mine on sale at Target a few years ago for less than $20 each.  They probably don't have the same ones available any longer but just FYI, that's as "fancy" as I got in terms of shopping for them.  So, in like fashion, WalMart can probably do you just fine!

Thanks, Judi and Aleta, for your empathy on the show-stress thing.  I love doing them; really I do.  But between child-rearing, custody exchanges (which take place over 200 miles each direction, and with gas costing what it does, OUCH!), vacation plans, the need to sell consistently just to keep ends meeting, and travel costs, it's just, on a practical level, hard to do them, esp. when lugging along so much "stuff" is required!

Enjoy your process, and I will secretly snicker that this time around, it's not mine to share with you.  Laughing here... bear_original

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I'm gonna bring my cookie jar!!  Judi, there is LOTS of shopping there.. There is a Targetvery close.. well just about anything you need you can find there

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

I I don't know how you do it with children to tend to as well.  Do you hire some of the work out like some artists do?

Hi Aleta.  Nope.  I am the only one who touches my bears start to finish.  Most of my sewing is by hand and I watch my little Joey while I sit on the couch and  hand sew.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

OOOh Sonya...sounds great.  I had better start filling my cookie jar! 

I have ONE bear for the show so far. :dance:   :clap:  bear_laugh  :crackup:  One step at a time, right?

Thanks for the info Shelli.  I will defintiely check out Target too.

Erin, Thank you for the offer of shipping to you ahead of time.  I think I will wait and see just  how many bears/tigers I end up making first.

You are ALL SO HELPFUL.  THANK YOU!

Board footer