Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Fictional_bears

It's a list of "Fictional Bears" on Wikipedia. Hard to believe anyone but me bothers to keep track of these things!  bear_grin

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

That's neat.  I like how they have the history of each character.  Rupert is one of my favorites.  They need to update the list as they are missing Disney's Koda, Denahi, and Bongo and Lulu Bell Bears.  Remember these last two?

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Yogi and BooBoo  bear_cry

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great link . . . thanks, Mindy!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks, Mindy--

I've got to read Phillip Pullman's series His Dark Materials--one of the main characters is a polar bear!! BLISS.

JUDI--were Banjo and Lulubelle the bears in the Disney cartoon about a circus bear who falls in love with a forest bear, but doesn't understand that her slapping him upside the head means she loves him. I remember the tune of the song, but none of the words except "but a bear likes to say it with a slap".

Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, fun!  I checked to see if Maurice Sendak's LITTLE BEAR made it in and ayup... there it was.  And I'm reminded that I keep wanting to see THE EDGE again.  Love Anthony Hopkins!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Thanks for posting this, Mindy. 

I have a list of famous bears on I Love Teddies:

http://www.iloveteddies.com/documents/document_628.php

I'll have to check and see if I'm missing any from the other list, but I think my list is bigger. 

Erin, you always make me laugh.  Your less is more comment -  :crackup:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website
NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Gosh, I didn't see 'Mr. Bear Squash You All Flat'...I don't know why I loved that story so much, when I was a wee one.  Perhaps the little houses everyone lived in and the scarey bad guy got his upcomins!!
I found the Looney Tunes 3 bears interesting and I still love Winnie!!!  He has to be one of my all time favs.

Thanks Mindy, I enjoyed that site, brought back a lot of happy memories.

Nanc......

Board footer