Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I just got my latest issue of All Animals from The Humane Society of the United States and on the cover was a face that I instantly started designing in mohair in my head!!!!

It's an Emperor Tamarin... a monkey found in the rain forests of central and south america.

Just look at that face!!!

EmperorTamarin.jpg

With all this talk of wild animals... perhaps we should pick one and have a challenge... making something waaaay out of the ordinary for any of us! Hmmmm...... anyone game?

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

That would be an interesting (and possibly tough) challenge Daphne!!  I'm up for it! bear_grin 

That is the cutest monkey I've ever seen! bear_wub  Love the moustache!!

:hug:
Tracy

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Can I make a tiger?      bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

No, I know what you mean.  Something unusual.  I think that would be a very interesting challenge. :dance:

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Can I make a tiger?               

No, I know what you mean.  Something unusual.  I think that would be a very interesting challenge.

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Judi.. you are so funny!!  ok.. you can make a tiger, but you have to have your hands tied behind your back lol

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh I have no idea what I mean but Judi can't do a tiger! :)

I think we should all pick an animal... it's more fun to make something when it's something you like!
It must be challenging to your skills and abilities though. You must look at the animal you choose and say to yourself "He's really cool and would be fun to make but how on earth am I going to acheive.....?" Then you know you are challenging yourself. I also think choosing something that might require you to use a fur or material you've never worked with before would be good too.

What do ya think?

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_thumb I think that all sounds good Daphne...............just as long as we have a good, long time period to complete the challenge! bear_happy  I know I'll need plenty of time to get something done if it's going to test my abilities, skills, etc.......

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OH, I'm thinking like... CHRISTMAS!!!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
No, seriously.... 2 months? 3 months? I know at least 2 months.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original What a FACE!!  bear_wub

Great idea Daphne--I like the idea of each person choosing an animal.   bear_thumb

My daughter has been wanting a Kiwi, and I've been wanting to make a realistic MoonBear.

Eileen

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

YEP YEP YEP... Ill have a go never made anything but bears and one bunny...So it will be fun...

HOW ARE YOU GETING ON WITH THE DOG?

Daphne let us know the details...

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Lanie.. the guy wanting the Great Dane has disappeared. After going beack and forth over the look of the dog and price (which was NO object for him.. must be nice!) I never heard from him again. POOF!

But I'm not complaining!

I'm headed off my my Dad's for the day....

Will get my act together about an Animal Challenge soon. If anyone has any suggestions post 'em!! :)

Daphne

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

hahaha I got mine the other day also and thought he was a real cutie!!!
Thanks for posting, it made me smile again!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Renae, a kiwi would be a nice challenge .  Why not give it a go? bear_thumb

Here are some more ideas....hhmmm:
Great wWhite Shark
Dog faced Baboon
Narwahl
Japanese Fighting Fish
slug
Gorilla
Giraffe
Tortoise
octopus
snail
bat
flying lizard...

I'll think of some more...

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

http://www.scc.net/~rodl/HoustonZoo/Gol … rind-1.jpg

Here's a Golden Tamarind

Click on this link for lots for lots of very unusual photos of animals:
www.wildmadagascar.org/wildlife/animals.html

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Thanks for that list of suggestions Judi...I'm really inspired to make a ....slug! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
At least it wouldn't take long! bear_laugh

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I would like to see what everyone makes.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Great link to weird animals, Judi! I think I'dd do a leaf bug! Even quicker than a slug! ;)

This could prove to be a lot of fun!!!

What was the name of Ross's monkey on Friends?? It's right on the tip of my tongue but I just can't quite get it....
That's what I'm going to name my Emperor Tamarin!! Maybe.....

How long do you guys want for this challenge? 1 month, 2 months, 3 months.....
Any rules other than something totally out of the norm for you and challenging?
I haven't participated in any challenges so have no clue! I'll go read up on the other ones that have happened here and get something organized for this one.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Marcelle? bear_laugh

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Daphne , that is soo typical... Its a good job he disapeared before you started making it....
Judi i love the animals... ill go with the leaf bug too  :crackup:
keep us posted Daphne this will be fun....

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ah, Marcelle, the monkey on friends is called an Organ Grinder.  ooooo, there is another more techinical name ...I think it is Cappuchin.  I used to really want to adopt a monkey but I have heard they are quite a lot of work.

I would love to do some kind of monkey like one of those firey red marmosets.

Renae, you must have a very interesting life with all those unusal animals.  My hubby, as sweet as he is, just does not like house pets.  This is common among farmers.  They are with animals ALL day so they like them to be outside.....but he tolerates our little furball, Mandi, our malti-poo that thinks she is a great dane. :photo:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've posted a new thread for the challenge:

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=7062

Board footer