Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

ReoRoosteronbase.jpgReoRooster.jpgReoRoosterHeadshot.jpgHi, All.  Trying to crank out as much as possible before the Albuquerque Show next weekend.  This is Reo Rooster . . . a bit smaller than my usual fowl.  The larger ones are 13.5" tall (not counting the tail "feathers") and this one is only 10".  My question is, do you like the photo with the chook on or off the base? I'm trying to decide whether to sell the base with the rooster.  Reo is made from 6 different mohairs . . . some that I've enhanced with permanent markers.  Thanks for looking and giving me your opinion.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hi Sue Ann

I love your roosters  they are so detailed and amazing.  I think off the stand but that's just me.

Glacierbaybears Glacier Bay Bears
Japan

Sue Ann you made a Rooster! well he is great! his colors and his smiling face are perfect! and those feet how did you do that! :photo:  :clap:  :clap:  and sell the base with him he needs a perch. bear_thumb

sarahjane Brisbane

Wow he is just fantastic...so much work. ....But I must admit I like him on the stand, just seems to finish him off somehow.  bear_original

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh my goodness, WOW!  I haven't seen one of your roosters yet, so this is a first for me.  He's awesome!  I like him either way, but the base is really pretty!

Hey, will you be at the Indianapolis Show?

Kimberly W.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Outstanding Sue Ann as always! I love him on the stand! Gorgeous and tallented work!

Many Hugs Louise

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_shocked Sue Ann, you are the Poultry Princess!! He's gorgeous, beautiful,  . . . ACK I want this Rooster.

Did I mention

WOW

?

I like him best off the stand. I think Renae's right. But for a show table, I don't know. If you use the stand, CHARGE EXTRA!!

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

WildCatDancer wrote:

I'd love more pictures. !

Renae . . . here is a link to Raleigh Rooster that is the original 13.5" size.  http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=47

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Reo Rooster is amazing, SueAnn. I just love your roosters and I am sure that he will sell like hot cakes!
I prefer him without the stand as he looks so lifelike.
best of luck with the show.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Renae, another small rooster at:   http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=1568

Thank you so much, everybody, for liking my rooster!  Also, I appreciate your taking time to let me know your opinion about the stand.  You guys rock!

Ft. Bragg, NC

Sue Ann,

Will you be at the Indianapolis Show?  If you'd rather not say, that's OK... I was just wondering if I'd be meeting you in person there... :)

Kimberly W.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Oh, no problem, Kim . . . I won't be at Indianapolis.  Sorry, as I would love visiting with you!  I will be in Albuquerque this coming weekend and in Austin June 25th.  After that, I don't have one until Schaumburg in October.

Esmerldas Esmerldas
Colorado Springs, CO

Oh Sue Ann, he's so AWESOME!!!  I can hardly wait until next weekend to see him. 

Well, its now back to work for me, trying to finish a piece so it will be ready to bring with me......

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Absolutly fabulous Sue, really. I prefer him with the stand. It's give him a more presence;

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Sue Ann, this rooster is adorable ! I prefer him on the stand too bear_original  :hug:.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Whoa . . . and so he does!!!  How cool!

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

He's fantastic both on and off the base!!!  I like the base though....kinda 'goes'with him

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Ft. Bragg, NC

Sue Ann,

Oh darn... bear_sad it would have been neat!

Kimberly W.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Well, I'm going to say off the base.  Oh Sue Ann I just adore your roosters- they amaze me.... I'm sure he'll go quick at the show!

Danni

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Sue Ann
Absolutely amazing!!! I also say off the stand but you could give the purchaser the choice. Charge a little extra for the base if they want it. Just how do you do the feet as I want to make some baby ducks but need suggestions on how to do the feet.  Good luck in the show next weekend.
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Sue Anne he is a real charmer I love the detail you have given him..... I like him better off the base better .......

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Thanks so much again, everybody, for taking the time to give me your opinion on whether to sell the base/stand with Reo, or not.  If someone wants to buy him, I'll just give that as an option (for a few more bucks!).  You are appreciated!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

This rooster is so cute.  He's smiling!  I love him!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

REO is spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But then you know I'm quite partial to your chooks. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EXCELLENT as always Sueann!!!!!!! bear_thumb
Wendy bear_thumb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
whiteforestbears wrote:

Wow Sue Ann! He is incredible! I say without the stand, but either way. Wow! I can't stop staring at him! :love:

I AM SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO CANT GET ENOUGH OF SUEANN"S CHOOKS
They are just marvelous arent they?
Wendy bear_thumb

Board footer