Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hello, technoklutz here..... I would be very interested in some link swapping but I do not do my own web updates so I am clueless as to how to go about this.
bear_whistle

Any suggestions from you brilliant compter whizzes? bear_wacko  bear_wacko

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I use homestead and they have an option that I can link any picture or text to a website... I am not sure what all is involved in yours... it is easy once you do one bear_original

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
kbonsall wrote:

it is easy once you do one :)

Sure Kimmy...it's the ONE that gets me...thus STILL no website...and the person who was going to do it isn't able to right now.  AUGH!!!

Sincerely,
Cyber-Sister of Tecknoklutz   bear_wacko

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

That is why I am glad that someone suggested homestead, all the tools are right there bear_original  I am sorry I cant help more  but I only now how to use homestead bear_sad

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

I wish I had some advice to give Judi, but I am barely able to update my own webpages! bear_sad   I would like to add your link to my site though if that's okay with you..........you can add me later if you want! bear_wub

:hug:  :hug:
Tracy

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
kbonsall wrote:

That is why I am glad that someone suggested homestead, all the tools are right there bear_original  I am sorry I cant help more  but I only now how to use homestead :(

I know Kim...thanks for the support.  There are lots of tools to make it easy with the webhosting I chose...I've just grown very frustrated because I really don't know how to use any of them.  I'm probably just making it much harder than it is.  So I have a beautiful "Coming Soon" page thanks to Shelli & Quy.  Too impatient in my old age to figure it out...I've tried a thousand times and gave up.  Perhaps I'm just too picky too...want something I'm not technologically capable of doing.  HA..

Done venting now...I feel better!

Back to Judi's post.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

i have no brilliant idea about how to help you, Judi...

I do use a website editor to help me editing my pages, in addition to Freewebs editor.
With website editors you can download from internet, there is a way to publish the changes you did on your pages if you can give all details that are asked.
Basically:
1- you download a website editor
2- you install it on your computer
3- you open the page of your website you wish to change with the website editor
4- you make the changes you want
5- you publish the page

Problem: you first need to give in the preferences some details that you may not know about your website.

I did try to do it, but it did not work. Maybe that was just because I made my website using Freewebs...

So if you managed to understand what I was trying to explain, it may worth having a go, in case if it would work!

bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Sorry about the pityful explainations...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

PS: I added a link to your website on mine...I hope you don't mind.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Judi
I do my own website, so maybe I can help. Actually it doesn't look like you really need my help per say as to how to add, becAUSE YOU HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DO IT. bUT IN ORDER FOR THEM TO DO IT, YOU NEED TO
give the person who is doing your site the following information
I will use my website as an example
1.  name of the artist  (Sonya Shaw)
2. the website name (Sunnie Bears)
3. the url to the site  (http://sunniebears.com)
With that information he/she can easily make links to the sites
Of course you need to also ask him to give you the same information for your site so you can give it to others so they can link to you also. If you wanted to do links with banners, it is a little harder, so it is best to start with text first
Sonya

Board footer