Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I do hope everyone is enjoying a lovely Mother's Day.....or enjoyed a lovely Mother's Day, as the case may be.  Curious me wants do know what you're going to do (or did) today.

I have a truck load of compost/soil to move into the upper gardens today!  Hubby will wheelbarrow it into place and I get to till it in.  Thinking back to the last few Mother's Days I find that I'm always doing something in the garden on this day.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Hi Aleta. I have my first daughter and her boyfriend at home today. This afternoon after after the lunch, my husband, my 2 boys and my daughter boyfriend played pinpong. My daughter is pregnant, she will have a girl in 3 weeks or so. We both supported the boys, but because i don't like to do nothing, i did some sawing on a bear bear_grin We have a beautifull sunny and warm day. I did half of my vegetable garden. I have to sow carots and some beans and salads. Have a nice day Aleta bear_wub

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, we are going to my mother in laws for pizza and everyone is cleaning
out her garage! Helping her do some spring cleaning!
LOL

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I'm all alone today *sigh*.  Our son is Japan, but he emailed and sent some "fun money" for me.  Our daughter and my hubby are both working in Toronto, (first Sunday hubby has had to work, wouldn't you know), but both of them have phoned me.   It is pouring rain here, so can't even play in the garden.  So, I am going to work on finishing a miniature "bunny" shoofly rocker for a bear I just completed.  It's screaming for a different accessory.  Those in Canada will understand, but the "President" and I are having one of his delicious dinners tonight LOL!  HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE!

Hugs,

Brenda

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Well Aleta, just working on a bear. Happy mothers Day to you my Dear and to all wonderful moms out there.

Many hugs Louise

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

We just got home from brunch at my grandma's.......like we do just about every Sunday.  She just loves to feed her family! bear_wub   The rest of the day I get to clean my badly neglected house.......and of course work on a bear.  I have another almost finished and am determined to do that today too! bear_grin

Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day!

:hug:
Tracy

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

All my kids are coming over here any moment...we are having pizza (for the sake of simplicity) and I made cinnamon rolls last night which I am sending home with my oldest so I don't eat them all.  bear_original bear_original   I called my own mom and wished her happy day...heard all the neighborhood gossip (like I care)...oh well. 
I finished a little bear this morning and will get photos of her later and perhaps post them if I don't get sidetracked with kittens.   bear_grin

Have a terrific Mother's Day whatever you are doing.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh

Those in Canada will understand, but the "President" and I are having one of his delicious dinners tonight

I know EXACTLY what you mean, Brenda!! Thank goodness for the President :dance:

Doing on Mother's Day . . . I'm finishing up two beasties for the Golden Paws Emporium, bathing all 3 dogs and applying flea treatments, giving flea treatments to all 3 cats, if I can find them, and probably doing a minimum cleanup of the first floor and bathrooms in time for  2 of my 3 daughters & one son-in-law to join us for dinner--Hubby is cooking.

My eldest called from Rochester this morning for a good long M-Day chat.

There's a glorious looking cheesecake cooling on the counter. I'll probably be expected to share it . . .  bear_sad

bear_flower HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, EVERYONE--ALSO TO THE OFFSPRING WHO MAKE IT ALL WORTHWHILE!! bear_flower

Eileen

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Hubby made me a wonderful breakfast this morning...fresh eggs from our chickens, & then we mulched & watered the veggie garden stuff we got planted the other day. My rhubarb has popped up finally...looks like we lost the asparagus..it's such a battle in this climate to grow anything other than cactus & Juniper & Pinion.
Our Son & Daughter-in-law are in San Antonio...so about 12 hours away & our Moms are on the East Coast, so phone calls & e-mails have to suffice.
Hubby has gone to get beer...lol so we can have 1 or 6...lol Great idea Erin! Cheers to all!!!!
Hugs,

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm online seeing what everyone else is doing for Mother's Day!!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  Got clothes (that I picked out) from hubby, had a call from my older daughter in Wisconsin (talked for 1 1/2 hours!), and will have dinner out this evening with daughter #2 and her hubby.  Have had e-mails from all the grandpets, too.  Hope to finish a small bear and get the yard watered.  Happy day to all moms everywhere!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Happy Mother's Day to all!
I am just having a leisurely day - church this morning (I had to take the cake for this month's birthdays and it was a smashing success - new recipe and I have been having some trouble with this high altitude baking - haven't done enough to get used it yet even though it's been 4 years! - so that was a relief that it turned out!) Then we had a late brunch when we got home from church which hubby offered to make but I thought I'd rather eat my own cooking *grin* - although I guess I really should encourage him. Sat out on the upper deck to drink our coffee since it is so nice out - just heard yesterday that they've decided coffee is good for us again - like 3 cups a day even!!! Yippee!! Talked to my daughter in Edmonton and opened presents from her and then talked to my Mom out in Manitoba. It is such a lovely day here , and not much wind for once, so we are going to go for a nice long walk and then have King Crab legs for supper - my favorite!!! Hope everyone has a great day!
Bear hugs, Edie

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Happy Mothers Day to all.

I had a lovely day with a cup of tea in bed and then opened my presents of two lovely books that I am
    going to enjoy reading.

I had for breakfast, bacon and eggs and tomatoes and left over potato mash fried, so that was yummy.
    We took our dog Heidi for a nice long walk but the weather has not been the best -rained quite a lot
    in the afternoon.
    We had a lovely roast beef dinner and then to finish off had a box of chocolates to share around.
    So another lovely Mothers Day and it is nice to be remembered by our Family.

Hugs
    Carolyn
     bear_flower

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

My mothers day was rather quiet. My boyfriend had to move back to Seattle and left friday. Went and got my dad to go to the cemetery. This is the first mothers day since my mom passed. My daughter and one son called and am waiting to hear from the second son. Puppies let me take a long nap this afternoon and that was something I haven't done in a long time.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Yesterday was the first mother's day in forever that I haven't talked to my Mum on Mother's day....mother's are not meant to be out enjoying themselves when daughters want to call.  bear_grin  bear_grin   However last night I had a looooong talk to my sister in England - it's months since we've talked.

She is an artist and we were talking up all sorts of bear designs and ideas...now to convert them into reality!

I am a little angry at myself right at the moment.  It is freezing here and pouring with rain and I tripped on the way home and skinned my palm, bruised my knees and worst of all have sprained my thumb so don't know how I'm going to hold my sewing!  On the bright side - the cartilage and tendons  I tore in my knee last year came out unscathed and I didn't break any bones in my arm - that would have been fun 8 weeks before a show.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh Melissa, I'm sorry you had a fall!  It's so annoying when that happens, as well as painful.  Hope you can still sew!  Pamper yourself for a day or two, and maybe things will be okay.

Hugs :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Sorry to hear that you had a fall Melissa - and hope that you are soon making a speedy recovery.
Sounded awful and falls like that can be so painful when it is all different parts of your body.
The weather has been cold and wet up here also.
Take care and keep warm.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Mother's Day is now past and gone, but I had a nice day. Went to church in the morning, we were actually home by 9:30! Opened up the whole day. Read the paper, watched some TV. Then we went to a nice restaurant in the Adirondacks way out in the woods. It was about a 1 hour drive in the rain. No animals even though the restaurant is set up with lots of windows so you can see out into the field and woods. On the way home, we tried to find a neighbors camp on a lake that we drove by. Mys Hubby ran over a rock, pulling it out of the ground that went clunk, clunk, clunk under the car. We barely made it home, lost the transmission fluid! I talked with my son, and my Mom......my daughter was probably working, preparing dinners for all the Moms that went out for dinner! It was a nice relaxing day.....didn't pick up anything bear-related......probably should have though.

So, today, I get to call to tell Saturn that the car is on it's way, and AAA to get the car towed the 80 miles to the dealer.......

Happy belated Mother's day to all.
pandamac

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Awww!  Hi Aleta!

We went to my in laws and we went out for brunch... yummy!  Stayed and talked a while... remembered my hubby's 21 year old neice... inlaw's granddaughter Tracey.  She would have been 22 this month... but was killed in a car accident 6 weeks ago  bear_cry   It was nice to be able to talk about the nice times without crying.  Her mother lives 8 hours away and so was not with us...

Board footer