Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Bim2.jpgBimSit.jpgBimHead.jpgAnother bear ready for the show . . . I only have 11 bears/friends to take - my lowest count ever for a show!  Ah well, I never sell out anyway, so this will probably be plenty!  This little guy is Bim . . . 7.5" tall.  He's made from Stephanie's extra long brown cashmere Sassy Fabric.  It's sooooooo soft!  He can sit or stand all by himself.  Thanks a bunch for looking!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Sue Ann, Bim is just ! Wow 11 bears! Good for youand I know they will go like hot cakes! I love the fabric you have used for Bim. If any one ever touches cahmere they will never forget it. Gorgeous baby bear again!

Many Hugs Louise

ellen ontario, canada

wowzaaaaa, those eyes!!  magical.  thanx for sharing Sue Ann.
bear_flower

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

Bim is wonderful SueAnn... His name makes me remember my honeymoon. We went to Barbados and there were a lot of radio announcements for Bim- "Drink Bim Cola"etc. I have an empty Bim bottle as a souvenir!
Suzanne

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh he is soooo beautiful Sue Ann and looks much bigger than he is.   His eyes are so terific too. I want him  c029.gif

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Thanks so much, guys . . . his eyes are handpainted.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Gorgeous bear Sue Ann - the pics make him look like a big 'un!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, what a charmer!  He's terrific and you got a really "big bear look" into such a small little package.  Is this your tiniest non-anime bear ever?  I just LOVE him.

Also... Someone special to me is named BIM and the origins of his name are unique.  I wondered... Where did you come up with this name?

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Perfect little bear ! bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Shelli wrote:

Wow, what a charmer!  He's terrific and you got a really "big bear look" into such a small little package.  Is this your tiniest non-anime bear ever?  I just LOVE him.

Also... Someone special to me is named BIM and the origins of his name are unique.  I wondered... Where did you come up with this name?

Back in my early days of bearmaking, I tried making bears in the 5" to 6" range and pretty quickly discovered that I much preferred bigger bears.  Now my bears range from about 7" up to 32" (at least that's my biggest so far).  Under 7" is too fiddly for me . . . guess I'm too old for fiddly anymore!  I have a little formula that I use when naming my bears, and I've used it since day 1 of bearmaking - with very few exceptions.  It has to do with the size of the creation and nine years later, who knows the reason why I came up with it??!!  7" up to 10" bears are named one syllable words, 10" to 18" bears are two syllable word names, 18" to 25" are three syllables, and anything over 25" is four syllables.  Anyway - I have trouble coming up with one syllable names sometimes, so I was looking for inspiration in my Baby Names book.  I came across the name "Bem", liked it, but decided I wanted to spell it "Bim".  And that, my kiddies, is how Little Bim got his name.  Pretty idiotic, huh!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

No, not idiotic; actually, very cool!  And I love that you have a naming formula; first time I've heard that.  Cool-io!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh I love your naming method - very cool.  It's a great idea, naming bears can be very difficult. 

I love BIM - what a sweetie.  That fabric looks bootiful - I always thought Sassy Fabrics were really meant for a smaller bear than 7", so perhaps I should go shopping.

Gorgeous bear Sue Ann, like always.

Danni

sarahjane Brisbane

Wow I thought he was a big bear when I first saw him...he is so cute and his eyes are incredible  :clap:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Sue Ann he is wonderful good luck with the show ...I am sure you will do well.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I also tought he was much bigger then what he is.  I love the fur look.  Good luck at the show!!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Bim is a darling little bear, Sue Ann..... I just love him - the eyes and the cashmere fur( looks so soft.)
Wishing you all the very best for the show.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Board footer