Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Between photo shoots do you leave your camera batteries in the camera or take them out ?

How many batteries do you jkeep on hand. Seems like every time I go to use my digital camera the batteries need charging up...5 hours....Winney

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi Winney.  Good question.  I bought an extra battery for my camera so I always have one charging.  That leaves me free to keep one in my camera so I can grab it at a moment's notice for at-home pictures like the kitties running around, or my sons having a playdate.

My biggest problem is remembering to re-insert the compact flash memory card after I load my photos onto my computer.  More often than not I get all ready, camera -- with batteries! -- in hand, and then turn it on only to find that there's no storage card inside.  Then I've gotta chug on over to the computer desk and unplug it from the USB-connected loader.

Extra batteries can run a nice big ticket -- $40 or so sometimes -- but I find it's worth it to ALWAYS have some charged and ready to go.  I'm not huge on foresight, although I'd like to be.  This is a way around that problem for me.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I leave mine in the camera.... (and as soon as I download the pics... the flash card goes back in the camera LOL! 

I have a Nikon D70 (hubby uses the Canon Elph now) and I don't recharge it till the indicator says it is low.  Nice thing about this camera is that it can also use 2 regular batteries (C123)  They won't last as long... but they'll get me by in a pinch!

Since most of my pictures are with NO flash (using lights and white balance) I don't have to charge very often... in fact.. in the last year I only charged it twice.  (but I don't have little kids bear_original  or I know I'd have needed to charge it more often)

Edited to add....

I like to always have my camera "ready to go" so I can get those cute photos.

all3portrait.jpg
cleo-hi-there.jpg
athena_isis_inchair_02.jpg

I even leave it on top of our entertainment center in the living room.  I just found that when I put the camera away .... I wasn't taking pictures.  And with digital it doesn't cost me any $ anyways!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Laura, your doggies are soooooo adorable!!  No wonder you keep the camera handy at all times!  I leave my battery in the camera.  I download my photos to the computer with the picture card still in the camera, also.  So, it's always ready to go when I need it.  I take the battery out occasionally and recharge it overnight just so I don't have to worry about it playing out in the middle of a shoot.

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Oh adorable ! I love your doggies ! They are so beautiful....

Thanks gals...I really don't like my Fiji  camera, its such a fussy  thing to work..Winney

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

bear_happy  Aww thanks Girls!

Board footer