Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I just can't help myself...

Today I was listening and watching the kittens through the little vent holes rolling around and playing amongst themselves.  After a few minutes two of the kittens decided it was time to venture outside the nest into the flower bed.  They were so curious and absolutely adorable.  I ran in and grabbed my camera but by the time I got back in mamma must have called them home for dinner because they were back in their little home. 

Tomorrow is another day...and the camera is right by the front door.   bear_thumb

And...can you believe this...I've been annoying you all for 4 week tomorrow with my kitten capers.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Shantell,
     I thought for a second I was going to see some pictures bear_sad  Never mind - tomo9rrow is another day LO!

hugs,

Brenda

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Shantell,

not annoyed here either - love babes - keep trying Shantell!!!!

hugs kassity

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

KITTENS ARE NEVER BORING bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_wub

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Shantell, My Dear Girl--

bear_angry Housework is boring.

bear_angry My neighbor's endless yadayadayada about all the awful people she has to work with is boring.

bear_angry Waiting in line is boring, unless there is a rack of magazines nearby. bear_original

bear_angry Chemistry is . . . well, I just don't get it. :doh:

bear_original  :dance:

Kittens are never, ever boring.

:dance:  bear_original

Eileen

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I'm with Eileen, but soooo disappointed that there were no more pics. Don't ever do that again  bear_grin
:photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

WE WANT PICTURES!

You are not boring when talking about your cats, but it's better with pics!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.
bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Willamette Valley Oregon

Ha...the "boring"  part was heavily laden with sarcasm...which among my friends who actually know me in person would say I can be full of.  bear_original bear_original

I'm working on photos...in fact...I just came from outside where it is raining and snapped a few of the babes testing the great outdoors but they didn't turn out so great...lots of BUTT shots.  Kittens are cuter from the front.  They must have short attention spans because their adventure only lasted through 3 photos...I'll try again.  Camera is ready...

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Shantell, lovie, bear_flower
Pictures please!!!  I want to see my little cream puff!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Willamette Valley Oregon

Aleta,

I'm just going to warn you that your little "creme puff" is more like "powder puff" -- as in girls football.   She is a bully...constantly tackling her littermates.   bear_wub   bear_wub

Oh Shantell, if Annie is a bully I'm sure Aleta won't want her, so I"ll take her instead! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  It's really nice to have you back, Aleta.

Hugs,

Brenda

Portland, Oregon
Website

Ooooh nooo you don't, Brenda!   bear_laugh  bear_original

Aleta

P.S.  I'm glad to be here too.  Being with friends really lifts the spirit.

Aleta, but you wouldn't want her to pick on Gracie, would you!  My Thumper could definitely keep up with her!  Lol!  Make sure you take pictures when you go to see the kittens, pleeeeease!

Hugs,

Brenda

Willamette Valley Oregon

Just for you....

Sorry Aleta....this isn't Annie...she was busy beating up one of her littermates   :crackup:   :crackup:

000_0769a.jpg

000_0770a.jpg

000_0771a.jpg

000_0774a.jpg

000_0763a.jpg

Willamette Valley Oregon

UPDATE...Skippy went for a "hunt" so we had a few minutes to bring them inside...I took a bunch of pictures but most were blurry from kittens moving all over the place.  Here are couple sorta clear ones...I really need a new camera.

000_0777a.jpg

000_0782a.jpg

Aleta...I took a couple cute BLURRY ones of Annie.  She's a busy girl...very curious...every time I laid on the floor to get a picture of her she came at me...as if to say..."hey you...watcha doin'...what's that you got...can we play...where's my mamma..."

Dilu Posts: 8,574

[size=18]Awww Honey.....[/size]

doncha know?

[size=20]Kittens are never boring[/size]

or

puppies

bunnies

ckicks

ducklings

colts

calves

mouselings

rattlings?

oh well I guess I have said enough.....

bear_tongue

Willamette Valley Oregon

You are so very right Dilu....

Did you see the photos I added or were we typing at the same time?

Yippee - more pictures!  Thanks Shantell!  Dilu's right -kittens are never boring!!!!

hugs,

Brenda

Stellajella Wien

.....soooooo sweet!!!! bear_wub

Gaby bear_flower

Portland, Oregon
Website

Thank heavens for little kittens.   bear_wub   Thank you for the pictures, Shantell! 

Warmest and biggest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  Little Annie just keeps getting fluffier and cuter!  bear_wub

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I love cats -- we have four -- but sometimes they get up to such mischief, it's unbelievable.

The other day I was "good mommy" and brought home some great litter so Noah and I could change the guinea pig's habitat.

I walked away from the table where I put the bags of litter for, what?  Maybe twenty minutes?

And this... THIS... is what I returned to.

Two VERY GUILTY looking cats caught red-handed in the midst of their litter-strewing vandalizing rampage!

And they were mussing up my pretty swap goodies from Sonya, no less!

All of this on my kitchen table, right before dinner!

AARGH!

But... still...

... I love cats.

Those kittens of yours, Shantell, are no exception.  Penny's right:  Kittens are NEVER boring.  And, apparently, neither are cats!

GingerAndSealyWreakHavocOnG.jpg

Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh Shelli!!  That's hillarious!  Okay.  Maybe not to you......   (giggle)

Aleta

Willamette Valley Oregon

OMG.....I'm sorry Shelli but that is the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time.  The best part....they have that "what...you got a problem with this" look.

The kittens are absolutely adorable.  They are getting braver and braver...today they were at least three feet from their little nest playing peek a boo with each other in and around the hostas and bleeding hearts.  I, of course, snatched each of  them up for a good snuggle.

Skippy caught us with them when they were in the house the other day.  I left the front door open and she heard them...now she thinks if the front door is even cracked she has to check it out...even when she knows darn good and well they aren't in the house.   I followed her into the kitchen, down the hall and back...just checking stuff out.  I guess she decided the house might be a nice place to visit afterall.

I'll post more photos soon...

Yes, Aleta...Annie is just a fluff ball...by far the fluffiest of the bunch.  We've started calling the littlest one "Pip"...seems to fit him.  He'll probably end up being this big ol' burley bear of a cat.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Shantell, your kittens are so adorable bear_wub --what a treat to see them again! It sounds as if you found a way to get Skippy inside bear_flower

:crackup: Great story and pic, Shelli. So typical. They're all in it together.

bear_sad The dogs empty the trash if I forget.

bear_sad The cats will eat anything that isn't covered, and snitch food right off your plate with one little hooked claw if they get the chance. It takes about 8 doses of being dumped on the floor to make them stop--they don't learn better manners, they just get bored.

bear_sad I used to bring home bags of live crickets for our late lamented gecko, Strangely Brown. Once or twice I set the bag down, left it too long, and came back to find it shredded, and cats chasing crickets all over the room.

Eileen

Board footer