Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

We spent the day today going after the awesome clawfoot tub Darren won for us on ebay.  We got a super, super deal on this.......$199!!!  No one else bid!! :dance:   Anyway, it's an unusually long one at 66"...I would just fit-- top of my head to my feet......I so can't wait to soak in this!!  The guy resurfaces tubs for a living, and told us he generally charges $550 to do this for customers, so we did really well on this deal.  I LOVE IT!!:love:  I've always wanted one of these, and will soon be relaxing in it! 

First thing tomorrow we have to figure out how we're getting it out of the van. bear_shocked  It will be quite the job as the tub weighs at least 300 pounds.  Darren can lift a huge amount of weight and has trouble even sliding it on the van floor.  Hmmmm..........should be interesting! bear_wacko

The outside of the tub needs to be painted yet by me to match our decor.  I'm using shades of purple, jade type green, and cream in the addition, so thought a muted eggplant for the outside tub walls and leave the feet white? 

Here's a couple of pics ............stole these from the auction, but since it's our tub now, I think the guy wouldn't mind! bear_grin

tub1.jpg

tub2.jpg

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

:dance: That's super deal indeed!!!!

Congrats!
Julia bear_thumb

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh, Tracy!  You're going to love soaking in that tub!!  We had one in an old house we had in central Washington years ago.  It was an old Victorian home and had the original claw foot tub.  It was fabulous!!  Oh the bubble baths!!  The kids loved swimming in the thing too.  There was never a fight to get them into the tub.  It was more of a fight to get them out!  I think everyone should own at least one of those claw foot tubs in their life time....just because!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Tracy well done for winning the bid on ebay.
We have an old ball and claw bath tub in our bathroom and it is just so beautiful.
they are just so nice and big ( unlike a lot of the modern baths) Ours is painted a dark green on the outside.
You will be looking forward to getting it installed in your bathroom, relaxing in a bubble bath - no better way to unwind after a hard day!.

Bear hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  :dance: Congratulations, Tracy--it's a beauty bear_wub

I've only tried an old clawfoot once, but it was so gloriously DEEP bear_wub

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I rented an apartment way back when that had the most wonderfully enormous claw foot tub!
Seeing yours brings back memories of warm water, relaxing bubbles, candles and my favorite music.....
ahhhhhh!

ENJOY!!!!

Board footer