Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

clare14 Country Bears
England

And if so, how do you get people to join??   Do you automatically add collectors who have bought from you??

I don't have any responses when asking people if they would like to know about future creations  bear_rolleyes , and just wondered what works well for you  bear_original

:hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Yes, I do have a mailing list.  I have two.  One personal mailing list and one computer generated list.  The computer generated list goes out to all those who've purchased a bear through my web site or signed up to be on my mailing list through my site.  It's an automated thing, which I don't really care for but, it's how the system was designed.  I prefer a personal request so I may make a personal response.   

Once a year I send out an e-mail, to all those on the computer generated list, requesting those who would like to remain on my mailing list to send me a note.  Those who do not respond are dropped.  Those who do respond go on my personal mailing list and receive notification of upcoming shows, special events, and other nice things throughout the year.

Lately, I have found myself on artists mailing lists I've not signed up for, nor have I purchased from the artist.  What's up with that?!!  And how in the world did they get my e-mail address?  Are other artists sharing their lists??   bear_wacko  I don't like that idea at all.

Hugs and more hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I have one -  I don't have an automatic form for them to fill in on my website (not being that techie!!) but ask people to email me and request to join.

When I sell a bear via ebay I ask them in the follow up emal if they'd like to join but always say that I will not be offended if they don't.  I'm aware that some people have to use work email and so need to keep personal email to a minimum and also that we get so much mail into our mail boxes that it can be a complete pain.

I used to hae a "let me know if you'd like to unsubscribe" note at the bottom of the email I sent out and I need to put it back on.  I send mail when I update my site with new bears, or have an announcement about a show.   So....usually it's an email about every 10 days to fortnight.  At the moment about every three months!!

Sometimes I wonder in the value of them - but as a customer, I like them.  I have a mind like a sieve and will often forget that an artists actually exists.  Usually I just jump online, check my email, check tt, check ebay,  and am off - so unless i have an email from an artist I tend to forget to visit their pages.

Board footer