Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

clare14 Country Bears
England

Last night I went to see THE EAGLES, my most favourite band in the whole wide WORLD!!!   It was a treat from my little brother, as I have never been to a concert before (I'm a very home loving shy person really!)

It was the BEST!!!   I'm still on a high, they are the most FANTASTIC musicians.......ahhh........   bear_wub

What's the best concert you've been to??

Am I the only sad person who's never been to a concert, bet I am!!   bear_rolleyes

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

The best concert I ever went to was to see Queen...I'm still semi deaf in one ear years on, but it was fantastic. 

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Oh boy, I've been to soo many. Tough to pick a favorite. I've even seen New Kids on the Block. LOL

Concerts are great for the soul. I encourage you go to more!!!!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I have never been to such concerts, as I hate loud music...
The only concerts I have been to were classic music concerts, nothing that could be compared to the ones you are talking about!
And i hate places where there are high concentration of people too...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Sophie, no it wasn't one of those!!   They are a group that actually my father introduced all us kids to, kinda country and western rock, and you should hear the song they wrote on the eve of 9/11 - made me cry, it's called 'Hole in the world'.............

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

The best concert for me was when I went to the US Festival when it was in California (an outdoor concert) They had everyone there on the side of a mountain. There was David Bowie, the Pretenders, Stevie Nicks, and tons more! I know, it shows my age. Actually went to my first concert at 28 years old. It was to see Styxx....... anyone know who they are? lol
Sonya

Dilu Posts: 8,574

My son was a Greatful Dead fan and in his senior year of high school there was going to be one of their final concerts in Sacramento.

For some, totally unbelieveable reason, I said he could go- 2 hour drive each way, and he was going with a couple of friends.

However he had to miss a day of school to do this.....hmmmm

A very naughty dilu wrote an excuse:

"Matt ...... had an appointment with Dr. Jerry Garcia in Sacramento yesterday.  Please excuse his absence."

Now every single adult in his High School should have caught this.....especially as he was sporting a tie-dye T-Shirt  he purchased at the concert.

Sigh.....

My personal best concert was going to be Woodstock-but i got caught.

I think that's why I let Mattie go-cuz I didn't get to.....what a wretchedly irrisponsible mom!

:crackup:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

I know all of the above...the Eagles are great...Styxx...Come Sail Away & Renegade and all the others....lol...hmmm have any of you ever checked out Real Rhapsody? They have a small monthly fee...but you can look up any group/song/ etc...and be your own DJ...it's great!!!Concerts...Arlo Guthrie...several times...and twice in one weekend...in 2 nearby NM towns...and John Denver....at SPAC once and The Lovin Spoonful...and Jefferson Airplane...and the Nitty Gritty Jug Band and many bluegrass concerts...including Bela Fleck when he was about 12.... who is aging themselves????lol Music is the best!!!

Celena Oxford

Hi Clare

You ARE NOT the only "sad" person who's never been to a concert...hee hee I AM!  Never been to any, loud or classical...I am a froggy under a coconut shell  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Hugs Hugs
Celena  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

The best concert for me was Aerosmith!  It was fabulous.  I had tickets to there last concert tour and the show was cancelled 1 week before the performance due to Steven Tyler's throat problems URG.  The other one was Brian Adams and of course Rod 'The Bod' Stewart!

Jane

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I have'nt been to a concert for blooming years - with good reason...............

when i was a kid growing up in the 1960's i was taken to every concert going in London and as a result my hearing is shot - Thanks Mum! I started going when i was about 6 years old, can you imagine what would happen nowadays? Me mum would be in all sorts of trouble with the authorities.

PLUS SIDE? I have seen just about every big name from that era apart from the Beatles - mum could'nt get tickets. I saw, Jimi Hendricks (made me ears bleed ha ha), Sonny & Cher, Procal Harem, Rolling Stones (lots), The Who, Status Quo (when they were great), Diana Ross & The Supremes, Four Tops, Bob Dylan (thought he was crap but i was only young), Van Morrison when he was with the Them -  all the big British stars of the day including flipping Lonnie Donigan ha ha - what the heck was skiffle all about? My favourite British singer was Billy Fury - totally gorgeous and superb voice.

OKay, that's enough - can't be arsed to go through the whole lot.............too much catching up to do here  :crackup:

Penny  :hug:

Board footer