Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Is there anyone out there like me who cannot control the amount of bears that they make at a time.Whenever I open my 2 boxes of fur up to look at the selection of mohair I have and have to make a choice which to use this time I find that all sense of rationing disappears and I end up taking 5 plus pieces out and end up making as many bears.I have even had about 9 on the go but the only problem is that making that many at a time takes me ages to finish them and during that time the lids on my boxes must remain firmly closed so temptation doesn't set in again.If I opened the lid I know that I will be in big trouble and will end up having even more bears on the go.I have been making bears for a year and a half now and I think I am gradually finding a bit more control as I have opened my box and picked out only three pieces but I am trying to convince myself that that is plenty and I really cannot think of any other bears to make with the other mohair thats left  bear_rolleyes Even with my bears I am doing about 3 different styles where most bear makers only stick to one.Will I ever be cured of this as I am new to bear making or will this be a life long problem bear_wacko Please help me with your suggestions.Icould buy just one piece of mohair at a time but wheres the fun in that!!!!!
Laurie

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I had trouble choosing between furs this week and ended up cutting several bears out at once, which is unusual for me. I usually work on a one-by-one basis you see. But sometimes the fur just gives you too much inspiration all at once, doesn't it?! And it's hard to resist....  bear_tongue

sarahjane Brisbane

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

If you find a cure let me know, I could use some of it!!!  :crackup:  :crackup:

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Dear Laurie,
It's great to have a mohair stash, I only make one bear at a time so it's not a problem for me. But my mind is always thinking about the next bear, and the next and.....
bear_flower Cheers Susan

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

hmmm this is like Sybil but with bears? Multiple Bear Personality Disorder??  :crackup:

I love The Stash....& The Buying Of More Fur....WHAT brain chemical are we releasing by
doing art? Cause we're obviously getting some sort of rush out of it, or we wouldn't bother.
Dopamine or Serotonin or something? Whatever it is, making art is the only way I get it &
I am addicted to it. lol & buying supplies gives a bit of the same feeling...plus anticipation...
"oh yeah this is gonna be a good one...."  :crackup:

don't get me started on the thrill of dyeing mohair....it's like you get a WHOLE NOTHER KIND
that you didn't even buy *swoon*  bear_wub

I need to get out more.
:crackup:

Board footer