Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Sue@Peggotty Peggotty
Texas

[size=14]I'm so out of touch.  It's school holidays and there is little time to do anything 'beary', so there is DEFINITELY no time to spend on Teddy-Talk. bear_sad

BUT, I must ask.  Does anyone know how Daphne's Dad is doing?  It broke my heart reading her post ... I couldn't even answer because it was too painful a reminder of my Dad.  But that's another story.

I'd love to know how he is doing (Daphne's dad, that is)

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Hi Sue,

I just read this myself so here's an update on Daphne's Dad.  She posted it in her "Happy Birthday Daphne" post.   bear_thumb   It's on the  second page.

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=8122

Shantell

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sue,
My Dad is slowly improving! We brought him home from the hospital today!
After the latest surgery 12 days ago, he developed a systemic bacterial infection which really took it's toll on him.
He's half way through the 14 days of antibiotics, stomach quieters and buffers for his digestive track. He's able to eat solid food as of last night and is up and walking around. The last stent surgery involved 3 more stents for a total of 5 now. The surgeon says, barring anything out of the ordinary, that his aorta should hold together for about 2 more years. Then he'll have to have horrifically serious surgery to REPLACE the whole aorta. I just can't even imagine how that could be done and the patient survive but I try not to think about it.

Dad is laughing again and able to think clearly and talk easily. He hadn't been able to 'function' normally for about a month prior to this surgery and we weren't sure he was going to make it. This set back with the bacterial infection (it has a name.... I don't remember it.... but it's more serious that a staff infection) is just a minor one compared to all he's been through. I really feel positive that he'll begin to get stronger now and over time be able to almost feel human and normal again. And Mom and I will thank God every day that he's still with us.

God has been so good to us, looking out for us, providing whatever we needed to get us through each situation we faced. Most importantly He heard everyone's healing prayers and answered!

Sue, I'm so sorry that this brings painful memories of what you went through with your dad. It shows just how special your father was to you.... and will always be. Thank God our memories never die!

I wish I could give you a great big hug in person but this will have to do:
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs,
Daphne

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Daphne I am so glad for you and your mom...what a relief...so glad he is doing better and home at last!
Hope you get home for longer than a night soon too!
xox Sarah

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Good News there Daphne, thanks for letting us know. :hug:  :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Laughter and clear thinking..... that has to just warm your heart Daphne!!!!   bear_wub  bear_smile  :hug:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Daphne,
     I posted on the other thread but misssed this one.  It just makes me tingly to think your dad has been able to come out of this okay, because it's so obvious how much he is loved.  You and your mom have been given extra time with him, and I know it will be treasured time.   Give your dad a group hug from all his new surrogate children!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Daphne, I'm so glad to hear that your dad is doing so much better. I have been praying for him and you and your mom, and it's great to hear how He has answered and been with you every step of the way. You're still on my prayer list. Give your dad love from me.

Big hugs,
Debora

Sue@Peggotty Peggotty
Texas

Daphne, I am so unbelieveably pleased for you and Mum & Dad and your family.  You'll never know how much!

Thanks Shantell for your info.

Lots of love to all.

S.

bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower  :

Celena Oxford

I am so happy for you, Daphne.  Glad to hear your dad is doing much better.  bear_original 

Beary hugs :hug:
Celena  :hug:

Board footer