Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I have been trying to find a jacket patern for bears can anyone help. I am willing to pay for a copy of a patern if anyone has one.
Thanks!

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi Jane

What about a pinquinjacket?

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Ummmmmmm! Don't like to sound silly but what's a pinquinjacket?

hugs Jane.  bear_flower

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Jane,
     I make jackets, but I always make them to fit the bear in "my possession", so to speak.  I just made a wool felt jacket for a friend, for a competition piece.  What size bear is it?  Hubby is home until tomorrow evening about 7:00 p.m. , so I'm busy until then.   Could you PM me a picture of the bear with his size measurements (Chest, arm length ets)   If you can't send pics on PM, try my email listed next to the PM.   I could draw out the basic jacket pattern pieces for you email them back and you could try and measure them against the bear and adjust.  Or make a mock up from any old fabric and adjust that until you have the correct size.   It's difficult, as it depends on where the legs are situated, etc, but it might work out.

hugs,

Brenda

hugs,

Brenda

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

What about the clothes for cabbage patch dolls...would they work?  They seem simple enough to adjust and make.  I have patterns for cabbage patch doll clothes.

Hugs, Lynn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jane,
What kind of jacket DO you want?
Collar? Zipper? Buttoned? Pockets? Blazer style or winter jacket?
That info would help us find the right kind of patterns!
Yes, doll clothes patterns might work for you... you'd have to alter them but that would give you the general idea of pieces, shapes involved, etc. and those cabbage patch gals were nice and plump so the pattern might be very close!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I've no end of recipies; denim? tailored? anitique? ladies ? Gents?

simple? complex?

.....more info hon.....

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi Jane

A pinquinjacket is a jacket with two long tails in the back, and
it is short in the front.
Do you know what I mean.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Hi everyone thanks for the replies. What I need is a basic pattern for a jacket. One that buttons up to the neck or has a collar both would do. I can't post a picture of the bear beacause I have'nt quite finished him yet. He is a more traditional style of bear and his chest measures 12-13 inches and his under arm measurement will be about 6 inches.
I would really appreciate any help on this. I'm ok with the bear but for the life of me I can't think this pattern through.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Board footer