Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Last night we had a bad storm.  Our computer was on stand-by and is working fine BUT everything has shrunk - the toolbar, the icons on the front of the computer, the bar at the bottom - EVERYTHING!!!  I know how to change the text but it isn't working.   I figure it's something simple, but I don't know what to do.  We have a Dell computer that we got at Xmas, and when you sign on, the Dell page doesn't fit in the page - it's too small.  The print on Hotmail, when I sign in is so small I can barely read it.   Changing the text size changes it but it's like it was half the size of normal to begin with, and it isn't big enough - I can barely read the computer - anyone have ANY ideas how to fix it?

hugs,

Brenda

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Try this:

- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Click on the Display icon
- Click on the Settings tab
- Adjust your Screen Resolution
- Click apply to see the new setting.

Quy bear_original

Quy,  it's not changing what I want.  The screen setting is over all the way.  When I adjust it, it shrinks the screen so there is black at the top and bottom.  I'm not sure I'm explaining myself very well.  I can change the text size on TT not too badly, but the printing on the the history at the side column, all the icons on the front of the computer etc - it looks like something shrunk them.  The page on my computer comes up the right size just the print is way too small, when I first click on the computer on the Dell page and the text size won't budge.  I may have to get someone in to look at it, as I am a nitwit when it comes to this stuff.  It's really hurting my eyes.\

hugs,

Brenda

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Brenda
You might try this. When the computer is starting up, aftter the self check, click on whatever button it is that starts your computer in safe mode (F8 or ctrl) hold the key down until it come up and ask if you want to start in safe mode or dos, etc. Then down near the bottom it will say LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION. Scroll down to select it and let it restart.
If that doesn't work, I would go to the system tools in the accesories menu and select restore. You can then restore your computer to BEFORE the storm.
Sonya

Thank you Quy,  You gave me the exact info I needed, I just only tried to change it once.  I phoned my son-in-law, and he talked me through it and everything is fine YEAH!!!!!  I can't imagine two weeks of squinting LOL!  I've written it down, so if it happens again, I know what to do.  I'm always afraid I'm going to click something wrong.

Thanks for taking time to answer Sonya, boy when something goes wrong, I'm screwed LOL!. Hubby will be impressed - I'll tell him I figured it out myself (just kidding).  I knew I could count on TT to straighten things out!

hugs,

Brenda

It's amazing how such a tiny thing, can make me sooooo happy - I CAN SEE THE PRINT!  YAHOO!!!!!!!  AND I even figured out how to get the picture of our grandson back as the screensaver.  You guys really are the best!

hugs,

Brenda

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

yeah i know what you mean brendaha!ha!

Board footer