Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

polar1.jpgHi Guys,
Just wanted to share my new polar bear with you all.  I am one proud mummy right now:D
This is "Thorvald"; a 23" plar bear made from Intercal's ivory alpaca (plug plug!).  I am particularly pleased with his double neck joint - I have adjusted my usual pattern and I think I have now found a better shape which enables the head to sit naturally on the body.  Hurrah - it has only taken me about six years to figure this out, haha!
Anyway, this lovely guy was a commission, sadly, so I shall only be enjoying his company for a few more days yet.  I may have to make one for myself...

Hugs,
Chris

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Christine,you should be proud,he is gorgeous,absolutely stunning.I love his proportions.You must make one for yourself!! bear_laugh bear_original bear_laugh bear_laugh :cool:

Blessings,Shari.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Chris,  What a great polar bear.  You definately should be proud.  He is a cutie!!!

Bear Hugs

Jane

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Christine he is absolutely lucious.....I agree, I WOULD also have to make one for myself.....too nice. and so cute!  You really should be very pleased

We are that you shared his pic with us!

Dilu

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Christine...wonderfulshapes wonderfulbear...Winney

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh Chris !!!
This is possibly the most adorable polar bear I've ever seen.  I just love him  !  No wonder you are so excited.

clare14 Country Bears
England

He's fabulous!!   WOW!!!   You must be sooo proud - well done!!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Christine, he is amazing!!! JUst gorgeous! 

Thankyou for sharing!

Danni

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Christine!!! Fabulous!!!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Christine, I'm even as I type imagineering a polar from some Intercal white alpaca I've got myself.  Sadly, I'm afraid he won't be quite as spectacular as yours.  Really a terrific bear, with amazing proportions, and he looks so solid and well balanced and just kerplunkity, which is something I strive for, but don't always achieve, in my cubs.  Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Chris...he is wonderful. I love your work but this one is really special. I will come over and say Hi at the Hugglets show in three weeks time.

Jane

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Christine,
                          Wow, He was worth the 6 year wait .He is Perfection Plus, He also looks so happy . Well Done You.

Scottish Hugs from Rita xxx

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Chris,

"Thorvald" is gorgeous polar bear !!!! he is so cute♪

Hugs/Marie

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Christine he is wonderful! Beautiful Polar! I love Polars, they have a very soft place in my heart!

Hugs Louise

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Really great job Chris!  Love his expression.

Deb Upstate New York

Chris,

He's amazing!  I've been contemplating a polar bear.  In fact, fur just came in the mail last week!  Have only to finish pattern.  Am thinking of double jointed wrists and feet.  Anyway ... lovely!

Deb

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Chris, your polar bear is just perfect.  He has such presence, excellent work on your part!

Kelly

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Wow!!!!  Thanks, you guys:D:D  You are all so generous with your praise - it will help me get over my 'loss' as i pack Thorvald for his journey this week, hehe!

I have started on a panda version for myself so i shan't be lonely for long!
Hugs,
Chris

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Chris, I love that you schedule in a bear for yourself.  I've done too little of this and that needs to change.  So much hard work -- and yes, of course I'm grateful for the income -- but I also wish I had more of my little furry friends to cuddle myself, or to give to my kids, or my mom, etc.  Good for you!!! 

Do be sure to post pics of that panda when you're done. bear_original

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Gorgeous Polar Christine bear_happy

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

As you know, I saw this guy on your website Chris and thought he was stunning.  One of your best so far in my books! 

Good luck at Kensington on Sunday ... I'll think of you while I'm at home with my feet up!  Will catch up at Hove instead. bear_laugh

Board footer