Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Even though I ordinarily can't stand football (soccer) it was with a tear in my eye(LOL) that I watched our St George flag get folded up for yet another 4 years till the next world cup after England reached the end of the road against Portugal. My husband will be thoroughly miserable for at least the next week but at least the running commentary on all the games might stop and maybe he might relinquish his monopoly of the TV and get back to talking to me instead of shouting at the TV screen.....

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Jenny - I know how you feel.  It was the first time Australia got in for a long time (I think about 30 years?) so, Australia has gone a bit mad with Soccer fever!  Anyhow, the last game we were so robbed - it was terrible to get out, but to get out like that!  Sigh.. oh well.

Sorry to hear England's out!
Danni

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh dear Jenny.....But don't use "Sick as a Parrot".....They usually die when they get sick....can't have that here, now can we?

Sorry you all didn't win.....

k070.gif

Hope your poor slightly obsessed hubster can rise above it, and cheer the team on next season

d050.gif  f010.gif

warwickshire uk
Website

Danni...my dad had a bet on at the book-makers that Australia would make the semi-finals...so we were all very disappointed when they were knocked out so painfully .....

Dilu...that term isn't one I coined...it's  a well used footballing idiom employed by inarticulate soccer pundits over here all the time when they think they've lost a game in unfortunate circumstances..... so all parrots are safe...rest assured!!!!! LOL!!!

I am not a football fan...in fact I detest it with a vengeance...but having said that it was nice watching the games and while we were still in there with a chance I cheered with everyone else...and that's my bit of football enthusiasm put away in a box for another 4 years...till the next world cup.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Ooops, gotta confess I felt like whooping and banging on my car horn in joy!  Sorry!  :redface:

I'm sick to death of having to live life around the football and can't wait to get Corrie back in its normal time slot!!  bear_tongue

warwickshire uk
Website

I know what you mean Paula...and actually the salon has been deathly quiet in the last couple of weeks...maybe we'll now get back to normal....

But it would have been nice for us to win for a change...oh well...

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I'm there with you Jenny. Every match has been on the TV in our house. I don't mind it really as I confess I have watched a lot of the games. Yesterday was a huge tragedy in our house, my husband and sons were in the lounge watching the game with their new England caps that I had bought for them (I told them they were lucky hats, phooey, were they heck!) Sarah and I stayed in the family room but still had the game on...why...because we can't stand the noise the guy kick up.
Poor old England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  bear_cry  bear_cry

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

nettie scotland
Website

I felt bad for the team even though I am not English but I am British after all.I can't get over all the hatred posted on the Internet between Scotland and England!!!Andy Murray is a bit of a silly boy with his football comments but he is a teenager and it is all being taken so seriously.The English fans are cheering on his oponents and there was an audable hurray in my Mums street when England got beaten.
I know we did suffer very badly under English law a long  long time ago but when will the scottish let go  and when will the English stop slagging our sportsmen.Our entire population is almost the same as London's so how can we be expected to produce as many champions???The whole thing is so childish.I dobt there will ever be a united Kingdom really!!!!
Diane xxx

warwickshire uk
Website

Diane..I whole-heartedly agree....let's just get on with it...my dad is Belfast born and bred and still supported England...yet my friends boyfriend was supporting Argentina for goodness sake!!!

As far as champions go I think the only champions we've produced in this world cup are a bunch of trolley dollys seeing who can spend the most while tripping over their Jimmy Choos.... It's a long time since the English have produced many sporting heroes...I think we got so used to winning we stopped trying!!! We're now famous for having a bunch of hooligans following our teams around!!!

I would loved to have seen us win the world cup..and if Scotland had been in it..I would have rooted for them...as I do for Andy Murray...I think he could be our champion!!!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Aaaaah, Jimmy Choos ... now you've caught my interest!  *Sighs*  bear_happy  bear_tongue

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh but I love the way the World Cup (or the Olympics etc) bring the world together.  It was a shame for the English team last night, penalties not our strong point huh??!! 

I think Andy Murray has caused a bit of controversy with his comments, but we see him as 'our boy' too, and are deeply rooting for him in the tennis!!   bear_original   

Good luck everyone!!   :hug:

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

bear_cry AWWWW we were all so sad here tooo bear_cry

Board footer