Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi everyone,

I have more critters that I am trying to find homes for. These little babies were born in our barn. I have been feeding their mom for about five months or so , with seven other wild cats. Anyway, I retrieve them because I wanted to take them to the local shelter, because I just can't leave them to become more un-cared for wild cats. There are way too many here were we live. I was told that there is no guarantee that they will not be put down. I just can’t take them in under those conditions, so I called the local “friends of felines” and they just can’t take any more cats in at this time. I was just feeling frustrated that there is not more help out there to support these great places in their work to provide homes and shelter for these little ones and so many other cats. So, I decided to help make a change.

I would like to submit a proposal to the friends of felines to help raise money to support this wonderful group of volunteers that help these animals. I would like to ask if any of you would be interested in donating a bear to be action off, to help support this group. Or anyone interested in helping me organize this, I would be very grateful for any help.
Let me know if you are interested. Here are some pictures of the kittens. These picture are not so clear. I will try and get better ones.

hugs kassie

ttkittensa.jpg

ttkittens4a.jpg

ttkittens5a.jpg

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Look at those gorgeous little faces...I completely understand how you feel.  I was very fortunate that Aleta & her children took my four little wee ones and gave them all wonderful homes.  It breaks my heart when I hear that shelters can't or WON'T take babies in that didn't ask to be brought into this world.  Oh, don't get me started.

If I could I'd take a couple for myself!!!   bear_original bear_original

Hugs,
Shantell

Oregon

Hi Shantell, - I know what you mean about the shelters. But also it must be very hard to keep up with all the animals - there are some many! You are lucky - that sweet Aleta & her children took your kittens. I hope I can find homes for these little ones too. It is kinda funny, when I first went to get them they were not happy about it and just hissed at me. I laughed so hard. It was very funny to see those sweet little faces hissing at me. After just one night they all come running now and just love to be petted and scratched under the chin.

Hi Renae - really? they did not call you back? Well, that is not nice. I will call the shelter in Sherwood. I will call you and that would be wonderful, any help and advise would be great.

hugs kassie

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

How old are these babies?  They look so sweet and angelic.  It's hard to believe they would hiss.  My little ones would do that too and it would make crack up laughing.  Just little beings with big attitudes.

It sure doesn't take them long to figure out they have a good thing going on does it?

Oregon

hi shantell, Renae - they are about 6 six weeks old. I first saw them were she first had them.  Ya - it cracked me up - to see these little sweet faces hissing at me. Now they see me and climp over each other to get the first scatch.  :crackup: They really are very sweet and each one has a personality. I am trying to see what sex they are, but they are still too little to really tell. Ya Renae, Sounds great. it would be great if we could all help support some of the shelters. I would like to see the ones with the most toubles helped, that would be great. We need to pick one and then go from there. I am going to put donate a bear no matter what. I really what to do somethime about it instead of just feelling bad about it.

hugs kassie

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

The bottom one in the first photo looks like he has a milk moustache!

I love, love, LOVE kittens...   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Oregon

Renae- sorry - had to go tend to the little guys - it was hug/play time for the kittens. those are great ideas. hmmmm

Shelli - I know , isn't he/she so cute. I have nick name that one "grumpy" cause he/she was very unhappy about beening caught. hissing - kicking - screaming like I was going to eat him/her. poor little guy. He/she likes being held now. Just one night and they are so loving. Amazing how animals learn it is ok to be with humans.

Board footer