Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

gbrame the piece parade
North Carolina

Evidence was piling up against me the day of the show.  As you must know, I had nothing to do with the cubnapping!  In any event, the show must go on and spirits were high when the door opened to those in search of a new bear or friend to add to take home with them.

Unfortunately, I discovered much to my dismay, the missing teddy’s locket was on my table.  It didn’t take long for the press to discover it and soon the word had spread throughout the showroom that yet another piece of incriminating evidence had linked me with the crime.

But did this little piece of evidence stop all of us from enjoying a fabulous show?  Well, you know the answer . . . Of course not!

There were artists there from at least 3 countries in addition to the USA and from at least 19 states spread across the US including Florida, California, Wisconsin, Iowa and several others.

(Just a little aside here:  On my last post, I forgot to mention the Auction of Teddy 2006, a stunning 24” creation from Donna Griffin.  The hammer finally went down when the final bid reached $2000!  All for the zoo!)

I took loads of photos of artists tables, but I am only going to offer you just a few of them here due to space and well, the mystery must be solved eventually right?

Here’s just a few of some of the impressive tables you would have seen there if you had been able to be there with us.  (Hint hint:  Make plans for next year if you possibly can!)

Our very own Janet Anderson’s table:
tbai_janeta_1.jpg
Pat Berkowitch
tbai_patberkowitch_1.jpg
Deb Burnham
tbai_debburnham.jpg
Armella Dana
tbai_armella_1.jpg
Kelly Dean
tbai_kdean_1.jpg
Karen Dinicola
tbai_kdinicola_1.jpg
Joanne Duckworth
tbai_duckworth.jpg
Christy Firmage
tbai_christyfirmage.jpg
Sarah Forrest
tbai_sarahforrest.jpg
Penny French
tbai_pennyfrench.jpg
Ethel Hughes
tbai_ethelhughes.jpg
Johni Jacobsen
tbai_johnijacobsen.jpg
Sharon Lederer
tbai_sharonlederer.jpg
Pam Overmier
tbai_pamovermier.jpg
Sharon Queen
tbai_sharonqueen.jpg
Art Rogers
tbai_artrogers.jpg
Robin Ruinsky
tbai_ruinsky.jpg
And from Teddy-TalkThe Zimmermans
tbai_zimmerrmann.jpg

Reaction to the show from collectors and artists alike:  “It was wonderful!” “Fantastic!” “Breathtaking!” “Phenomenal!”  It seems a little much, no?  Well, what can I say?  These are the reactions of many of the people I talked with.  The ones I didn’t get a chance to ask were either too busy selling bears or buying them.  Many tables had empty spots on them with a few selling out or nearly so.  Did everyone have a fabulous show?  No, but most everyone would come back in a heartbeat if they could.  It is a show with wonderful spirited enthusiastic people from the teddy bear world.

Here is a photo of teddy-talk members at the show:
Janet Anderson, Ginger Brame, Kelly Zimmerman, Deb Burnham, Pam Overmier, with Francisco Carreno Stewart on the end there.

tbai_teddy-talkmembers.jpg

As I said, it was looking pretty bad for me early in the day as far as being nearly tried and convicted of being the cubnapper.  Alas, other evidenced materialized on other tables which took the pressure off of me.  Finally, with the expert investigative skills of the participating collectors and friends, the case was solved.  The crime was committed by none other than . . .

Bum bum bum bummmm

John Lamb, former detective and now a bear mystery author!

Apparently, his motive was to get money to buy his wife more artist bears.  Who would have thunk it???  Whew!  That was so close.  At last, the bear was returned unharmed and will now go home with a lucky bear lover as the raffle money served as the ransom.

After the show, we all enjoyed yet another tasty meal under the picnic shelter at the Zoo. 
Here is photo of the picnic:
tbai_picnic_1.jpg

It was a bit abbreviated due to rain, the first time I can ever remember it raining on the day of the picnic.  Still the food and fun were great.  We were able to see and pet a couple of the smaller Zoo animals and then we said our goodbyes.  Now the planning begins for next year!  Mark your calendars for August 16-18, 2007 – just write an “F” on August 16, a “U” on August 17 and an “N” on August 18!!

I hope you enjoyed this little peak inside TBAI.  Let me know if I can answer any quesitons!  See ya!

ginger

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Great pictures, great story, great show!! (So glad teddy was found you were proven innocent, too. Whew! Who would ever have suspected the detective?)

Thanks so much for giving us all a peek at the show. I thoroughly enjoyed it. bear_flower

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ginger, I've enjoyed your reporting so much, and am glad to hear you're "in the clear" on the cubnapping.   bear_tongue   TBAI looks every bit the fantastic, well-attended, and event-filled show I've heard it reported to be.  And the artistry there is amazing!

Thanks so much for your very fun, very lighthearted, very informative reporting!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Thanks so much for all the photos, Ginger! Great to see all the fabulous bears! Really enjoyed your report.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Ginger, fantastic job on your reports, I can't think of a thing to add!  Hope everyone had a safe trip home!  It was wonderful to meet you and Deb for the first time, and great to meet up with Janet and Pam again as well.  Wanda, you were missed but your gallery piece was much admired!  Deb, I apologize for hauling you from your table at the end of the show, you probably think I'm a dope and are welcome to conk me over the head next time you see me!  That's a great group shot of the Teddy Talkers, I don't think Francisco knew what the photo was being taken for, but he wanted to be in it anyway and darted in front of the camera to be included 
bear_grin 

For my $0.02... the show was definitely top notch, it never seemed to slow down and the enthusiasm among collectors stayed at 100% until the doors closed on the showroom (well, past that even!).  This was the first show I've attended where I don't think I had more than 60 seconds of quiet at our table at a time, there was always someone stopping by to browse, chat or buy (woohoo!).  I think most of the artists had strong sales, ourselves included.  There were the wonderful signs of a great show, with collectors laboring down the aisles under the heavy weight of many bags of bears, and even making trips up to their rooms to unload and come back for more.  Bless 'em all.

Bear hugs,
Kelly

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Thanks Ginger What a show :clap:
Gladys bear_flower

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I'm so glad that bear went home with someone, I am sure he is feeling more secure and loved now that he isn't being hidden away somewhere dark and scary. 

I am equally relieved to hear you have been cleared of any wrong doing....that has to be a relief.

I didn't see any gollies....were there none?

Your whole report has been a delight, and I want you to know that it was greatly appreciated by us!

Thank you for taking the time (a lot) and entertaining us with your TBAI Tales.

Gollyhugs

dilu

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Thank you for reporting and sharing on a wonderful show ... the photo's are great and the mystery of the cubnapping was edge of the seat stuff ...glad it all worked out well in the end.

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Ginger and Kelly,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at the TBAI show.  I know I would have had a wonderful time.  Even the rain would not have dampened by enthusiasm.

Ginger your report made me feel as though I was there.  Thank you so much for the extra effort to take the wonderful photos and compose such a great report/story.

Here's hoping to see you in person next year.

Wanda

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Thanks so much for sharing, I SO enjoyed it . Looks like every one had a great time.Have a safe trip home every one !!!

Jodi Falk

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Thanks you so much Ginger for the report and wonderful photos - they were great.  Glad you were found innocent!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I just knew it couldn't be you Ginger! Thank goodness teddy was found safe and well.  bear_grin  bear_thumb  bear_grin

Thank so much for taking time to make the reports for us. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures too.
How I would have loved to be part of all the fun, one day maybe.  bear_thumb
The pictures are great and so many of them too!  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:
I just love the work of Kelly Dean, I've met Kelly many times and so I've been able to see his work first hand. Boy he's good! I love the clothing which he makes, he has such an eye for matching fabrics.
Thanks again Ginger.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Great story Ginger and what a great show show that turned out to be. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Great photos and story - thanks a bunch Ginger.

Jane P.

gbrame the piece parade
North Carolina

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your enthusiasm for the reports from TBAI.  You all made it that much more fun to do because of your interest!  It was certainly a pleasure and I was happy to do it.  After all, if we can't be at each and every show, a 'virtual' show is a pretty good second place.  Thanks to all of you for making Teddy-Talk such a fun and inspiring place to hang out!

all the best,
ginger

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

MMMMmmmm cuddle candy................ :dance:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Thanks so much Ginger,  for the great photos & report !!!

Board footer