Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I had a great pattern which I made some years ago for a bear with bent arms that turn inwards, so the bear's arms rest on his lap whilst he sits.

I can't find this pattern anywhere!

Does anyone have tips how to achieve this arm design...you would be my bestest friend forever...

Hugs  Jane, who is gradually pulling her hair out ...

bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

Hi Jane

Did you make the outer arm longer than the inner one?  Jared posted a thread in the week about making the outer pattern slightly longer than the inner pattern to stop the arms pointing outwards.  If you'd accentuated that the bears arms would turn in to rest on his legs.

Hugs :hug:

PS thank you for the Hugglets picture thread - I didn't make it in the end bear_cry

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I can remember a tip from Penny. Place the cotter pin through or near to the front seam and not in the middle of the arm and it will turn in. Hope this helps.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I've done it by taking a good size dart from seam to seam on the inner arm.  It pulls it in....but I used slightly longer arms....so that it would be balanced and still be in.....does that make any sense?  Daisy sitting here next to me yammering to get her piccys done says i don't make any sense at all....I guess id best get those piccys done......sigh

don't pull your hair out Jane.....it wont have time to grow back before our next major bash!!! and the piccys will look wonky.....can't have that!

gollyhugs

dilu

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Goodgollygosh, sent Miss pennikins an e-mail a week ago to tell her I miss her...has anyone heard from her?  Just want to know she's OK.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Thanks Vicky, Amanda and Dillykins for your suggestions. The pattern I made had darts in it so that the arm

bent in from the elbow and wrist, but I can't fathom out how the heck I did it...shows I'm getting

old...sigh!!!!  bear_grin

ANYONE ELSE GOT ANY IDEAS?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Board footer