Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Boy I bet I've got you all wondering!

:lol:  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Yesterday was my birthday and I got a wonderful suprise

.................................................................................................................................................................

.................................................................................................................................................................

................................................................................................................. bear_grin  bear_grin 

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

my daughter has adopted a young Orangutan for me in my name.

Her name is Hsiao-Ning (meaning Peaceful sunrise) and she was born on 31st of August 2003. Hsiao-Ning lives at Monkey World in Dorset, England. 

Here's my baby girl!

Hsia0-Ning.jpg

hsiao-ning1.jpg

Isn't she adorable!

I had the most fantastic birthday...thank you all for your birthday wishes.  bear_thumb

Sarah (my daughter) is taking me on September 26th to stay in a hotel by the coast and we will visit the rescue centre whilst there as I have a years pass to go into Monky World so I can see Hsiao-Ning.

Monkey World is set amongst the woodland of Dorset in 65 acres of sanctuary for over 150 primates. Monkey World was set up in 1987 by Jim and Alison Cronin to provide abused Spanish beach chimps with a permanent, stable home. Today Monkey World works in conjunction with foreign governments from all over the world to stop the illegal smuggling of apes out of Africa and Asia. At the park visitors can see more than 150 primates of 15 different species.

I hope you like my new little girl!

Hugs Jane. bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Jane, she is just beautiful.  How lucky are you.  I would love to be step Mum to a gorgeous little angel like that.  Can I be an Auntie.  Hope you can get some more "mother and daughter" shots when you visit her in person.  Just wonderful.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Happy birthday Jane - what a wonderful gift!  She's adorable!!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Jane, what a wonderful birthday gift. And isn't your little girl just the cutest?!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Lucky you...and to get to actually visit Monkey World, Wow. I've always enjoyed that show on the Animal Planet.

Marion

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: What a gorgeous baby girl!!  That was a really cool birthday gift from your daughter. bear_thumb  bear_thumb

You did have me going there for a moment. :crackup:   I wondered how I missed the fact you were adopting bear_wacko .........

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oooh Jane, how fantastic!!  My mum sponsors Sally, it's such a wonderful place to visit - have fun!!   :hug:

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, what a wonderful gift from your daughter.
All the best,
Jane P.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

aaawwwwww that is so cool!!!!!

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

hugs kassie

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Oh Jane she is lovely .. what a wonderful gift .. I am so glad that you had a great Birthday.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

That is the most fantastic present - you lucky woman!!!
Enjoy meeting your little girl!
Danni

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a super baby you got, Jane!  Both of my daughers do the same thing for Christmas gifts.  I think it's a great present myself!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

How gorgeous Jane and what a special idea  bear_wub  I hope you have a wonderful time when you go.  Huge hugs  :hug:  :hug:

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

Oh Jane - a belated happy birthday :cake:  :bday:  :cake: .  What a wonderful gift - Orangs are may favourite apes.  Believe it or not I feel like I know you new baby - Monkey Business on Animal Planet is one of the girls (mine too) favourite programmes.  They do wonderful work at Monkey World don't they?  I just wish there were more people like them.  How wonderful that you are going to visit!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

How neat Jane!!!

When you go will you be able to have your piccy taken with her?

such a great idea, and I think she is lovely.....

golly hugs

dilu

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Great gift !! it will be great fun to go visit her , take lots of pictures.

Jodi Falk

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Congratulations Jane! What a very cool gift. :clap:  Happy Birthday!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a wonderful birthday present and such a little sweetie.
Enjoy your weekend away and visiting your new baby girl.

Hugs
Carolyn

:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Hi Jane,
she is cute, if not a bit hairy!
when Charlotte was little she saw an advert on tv about adopting a Panda, unfortunately Charlotte thought we would be able to keep him in the back garden!
when i explained you don't get to keep them at home she was really upset.

we just don't have the room  bear_rolleyes  hugs Kerren x

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

What a great idea!
The animals get the help that they need and you get to help out.
Wonderful!!!!
:bday:  :cake:  :bday:  :cake:  :bday:  :cake:

Board footer