Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Kathleen Pa

Hi everyone,  well we just got power this morning, lost it Thursday evening.  We had a crazy snow storm, lots of limbs and trees down.   Also power lines down all over.  Some people won't have power till Sunday.  Her are some pics from my street.112_1234tt.jpg112_1239tt.jpg112_1238tt.jpg

Kathleen

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

OOOhhhh WOW. bear_wub  bear_wub  I would just love snow like that, we never get snow here in somerset, uk. You prob hate it.I would love it just once, I don`t know about doing with out power for so long though. Glad your back online now. :hug:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked Ahhhhh......SNOW!!!!!  I am sooooo not ready for that........we've not had any here yet but a few flakes, but I know it's coming. bear_wacko   WOW.....looks and sounds like quite the storm you had...........and that's a long time without power.  Glad it's back on for you now! :hug:  :hug:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Glad you've got power again!! You appreciate it so much when it's out for days....I remember loosing it for 3-4 days and thinking how wonderful it was to make coffee and tea again!!! Boiling water was a big thing !! bear_grin

The poor trees are all set for fall and they get hit with Snow...it's a funny picture when you really look at it. 
I love the snow, but I wouldn't want to rush it...not October snow!

:hug:
~Chrissi

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

What an unusual storm!  I know Thursday I wasn't expecting it.  Went into Kansas City with only a sweater.  I was thinking the afternoon sun would warm things up.  Nope, never. 

But at least we didn't get dumped on with snow and lose our power all at once  bear_sad   Really glad the powers come back for you  bear_thumb

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

I'm in Rochester and we were insanely lucky... didn't even see a snowflake, though we're right beside Buffalo and the areas that got hit!  I needed to travel to CT for a bear show on Friday, we needed to get on the thruway at exit 45 and head east.  We had no problems at all, but turns out that the thruway was closed from exit 46 and everything west at the time!  As we drove down the interstate, we kept being passed by convoys of repair trucks headed west to Buffalo.  Talk about lucky, we are in glorious fall colors over here and no sight of snow (for now... though that will change soon enough).

Best wishes,
Kelly

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

WOW! Its snowing here today but I don't think we're expecting THAT!  bear_shocked
As long as the power is okay, I kind of like the snow.
Where we are in Northern Alberta we get lots of sunshine (short days though!) with our snow and somehow that makes it better than lots of grey days.

I'm glad you're okay Kathleen,
Hugs from a snow buddy, :hug:
Cheryl

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Cheryl wrtoe: As long as the power is okay, I kind of like the snow

I'm like Cherly: I love the snow as long as I can stay comfortable....We Minnesotians love our snow and are about ready to skewer the weather person when we don't get it....But the storm in Buffalo was very nasty.....I wouldn't want that!!

Michelle

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

SNOW!

Yipes... I've been sitting out in my garden in a summer skirt and vest today and it was really warm.

hugs Jane.

Kathleen Pa

I love snow too, but I like my internet,coffee and cable.  My husband asked me on Saturday if I was having TT withdrawal and kept teasing me that I was missing all the lastest in bear news lol.  The weel before this storm hit we were in Florida for a week, sunny and 90 everyday.  We went from one extreme to the other.  The bad weather wasn't a total waste,  worked on my needle felting and started a miniature bear (sewing by hand)  didn't think I'd like sewing everything by hand but it's kinda relaxing . Well back to hauling tree limbs lol. Glad to be back! I missed you guys bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Kathleen

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

If you don't think of the destruction, those last two pictures are gorgeous, Kathleen - would they ever make nice paintings!!!
After seeing that I don't feel quite so bad that it is snowing here today - it is just right around freezing so is pretty much melting as it comes down so I'm sure we won't have much if any accumulation. I am SOOO not ready for winter yet - then again when am I ever !  bear_grin
Glad you have your power back on - that's always the toughest part - I can really sympathize as out here in the country we have power outages a lot - and seems for sure whenever we get heavy wet snow like that !

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thanks for sharing your photos Kathleen and so glad that you have the power back on.
Beautiful photos and how cold it looks.
Stay warm.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Im so glad you have power-snow isn't so bad if you aren't worrying about Ben & Jerry  softening in the freezer...

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I think Buffalo is the snow capital of the World! My Dad grew up there, I've been stuck in the airport a gazillion times, and it always seems to have snow at Christmas when Toronto (great white north phooey) doesn't.

I'm sorry you were powerless for so long, Kathleen, but your pix are so beautiful!

When our power goes out, usually in the summer, I make coffee on the barbeque! Any port in a storm . . .

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Wow! Without power for 3 days?! Didn't you freeze? You probably didn't stray too far from the fireplace huh?
Can't wait to see your sewn-by-hand bear!
Aerianna

Board footer