Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

lbsl0 Whittier, California

Hi Everybody,  Has anyone ever used the "swivel neck" joint like these?

http://www.edinburghimports.com/shoppin … 38=0120017  and

http://www.christiebears.co.uk/acatalog … oints.html.

How do they work??

I am thinking about trying it out in conjunction with the "double neck joint".
Thanks
Linda

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I haven't used them, but, boy, pricey aren't they?  and so big?  for a 20" bear or bigger.  I wonder if they make them any smaller.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I tried one and did not like the look it gave the bear. Made it look like it had NO neck and it is difficult to cover the hardware. So now I use the  large sized locline instead
Sonya

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

I have used them....they were made for dolls and at times the stuffing can affect them from moving....you need firm non fluffy stuffing...like ginned cotton. It is hard to cover them...long fur helps but then it can get cought up and the poses tend to make the bear look like it's having a siezure at times. Also another friend used them and somehow placed it off centre and the bear tended to topple over backwards or sideways. Well we blamed the weight of the joint anyway!

For the effort needed I don't think the affect of the moveable head is worth it......it can be achieved other ways more effectively.

lbsl0 Whittier, California

Hi, will you enlighten me to other ways?  I do not think that I will be trying the "spendy" swivels.
Thanks for everyones input!
Linda

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Well I suppose it depends on what you are trying to achieve........double jointed necks, or locline, or wobble joints are all alternatives I can think of.....there is also nod and no mechanisms, which also have problems but can be fun.  I would think though that the double jointed neck would give you the poses you are looking for and can be done on a smaller bear than the device you were looking at.

Hope this helps.

Board footer