Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Kathleen Pa

I have kinda a stupid question but, here it goes...... I'm trying the flexilimb armature in my bear and I have stuffed and restuffed the arm but I can still feel the wire on the inside of the arm.  I looked under old posts and can't find anything on stuffing around the wire.  I stuffed the pawpad first and have been using hemastats to fill around the rest.  Am I trying to achieve the unachievable?  Will you always be able to feel the wire from the outside?  Anyone have any tips? bear_ermm  Thanks

Kathleen

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

I'm sure I read somewhere that wrapping the armature in a length of polyester fibrefill(like rolling a sausage roll) and then covering the whole lot with a layer of non-stretch fabric to give you a sort of lead in a pencil effect.  Then place in the limb and fill in the surrounding space.

I haven't done this myself but someone more knowledgeable will be on in a minute I'm sure.

Kathleen Pa

Thanks Sandra!  That sounds like a good idea, it will give me padding all the way around the wire.  I'm going to try it  right now. bear_original

Kathleen

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Sorry, I can't be of much help.  I have tried and tried to get "bendable" arms, and always have that same problem you are having.  Let me know if you find the solution.

Jane P.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

That is how I do mine when I use either wire or locline. I use regular quilt batting and wrap the wire or locline, then I use a length of artificial sionew and start at one end, tie around the batting, then wrap the sinew around and around to the other end, then tie it there too. I usually stuff the paw of foot first, then add the wrapped wire and joint. Then I add some more polyfil with forceps.
Sonya

Kathleen Pa

Well, I  kinda took alittle of everyones advice and then improvised  with what I had on hand, but most importantly it worked and I'm happy with the result!  I rolled some fiberfill around the limb and then I sewed a little sleeve that I made out of a piece of knee hi stockings.  I made the sleeve so it would be snug around the fiberfill,  then, I put some stitches around the top and bottom just in case to help hold it in place.  It seemed to work pretty good.  Thanks for all your help. bear_original

Kathleen

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Thank you for the feedback - its lovely to know what worked and more importantly what didn't. I don't like to reinvent the wheel if I can help it - life is too short to stuff a mushroom.................... :crackup:

Have we got  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:

Board footer