Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

lbsl0 Whittier, California

Hi, I am working on my first "double jointed neck".  Thanks to all of your wonderfull help, it is going quite well!
It took quite a few different ways of explaining.  Now my question is,  "What about the person who wants to buy them?"  Do you send information telling/showing the many possible positions, and how to get them into these positions? 
Thanks for time,
Linda (lbsl0)

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Linda,

Great to have you posting and I'm glad you've found the help you need here on TT!

I guess it depends on how this person learned about the double jointed bear for sale inthe first place. If they'd seen it at a show, up for auction, on your website if you have one, or anywhere on the internet for that matter, or 'in the fur' then chances are they saw pictures or were able to play with it or watch someone demonstrate how the neck joints work to form various poses.

If you are going to advertise a double-jointed neck bear for sale it would certainly be in your best interest to show photos of various poses.

And when you sell it, yes, I think it would be a great idea to enclose very simple directions or an explination of the neck joint. The new owner will likely play and play with their new bear and discover all kinds of poses once they figure out that neck wedge, it's shape and how to turn it to get the desired look.

I've sold a few 4-legged bears with double jointed necks... but only at shows where the new mom got an in person demo. I've never printed up instructions as I don't sell that many.

Think of it from the new owners point of view.... would you find directions, photos or an explination helpful or not?

There are artists here who do a lot of double jointed necks whom I'm sure will have some other great advice!

Hugs,
Daphne

Wow, that was quick!   I wish I sold my Sheltie's in person , face to face.   So far, I am an Ebay'er.   How I wish I could see the look on their faces when they open that box and see them for real!

Any way,  I am very thankful for what I have and what I get!  ( I also like to share) 

Thanx again for your time
Linda (lbsl0)

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Linda,
If you've spent any time here reading our posts you know we like pictures! Lots and lots of pictures!
Do you have any of your Shelties or other critters you've made that you can share with us??
We'd love to see!!!
:photo:
Daphne

Daphne,  Where do I start to learn how to post pictures?  My only experience is through ebay. 
The last Sheltie I listed is still there. item #150016393344.  His new name is Robbie, he is the 12th one I have made. I have not decided yet if this next one (with the "double jointed neck")  should be labeled as #14 or if I should start the numbering over with #1 since it will be the first one with the neck.

Linda (lbsl0)

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Wow Linda your Sheltie rocks!! You really need to start posting some pictures out here for us to admire!! 

There's a picture "how to" under each topic, right before the postings start...the picture how to is the 3rd grayish blip from the top.  Just yell if you need more help. 

Wow, just took another peak...the Sheltie is just lovely!!

:hug:
~Chrissi

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hi Linda , I'm happy to see you here at TT. Remember me? We chatted via email a bit.  bear_grin   bear_original  How are you? see you are still making your beautiful shelties. The girls here would love to see them, they are so amazing  bear_wub   bear_wub 
:hug:  :hug: Bearhugs,Shari.

Hi Shari,
Yes, I remember you!!  You are one of the first people that I asked for advice, Glad to see you are still at it!

Linda (lbsl0)

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Linda, YOU MUST post those beautiful sheltie pictures here.
The link Chrissi is referring to is right here, just click: http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=604
It really is so easy. You can upload them right from your computer... just like you likely do for eBay.

10.jpgOk,  here goes....10.jpg   
  This is the 10th one, now lives in Mariposa, Ca.

12.JPG11.jpgwell that worked, here is #11 and # 12

Hi,  I wanted to share the instructions for the "double-jointed" neck, that I came up with.   At first I sent only the first page, but then I added the second page.   "Danelle" was sold on ebay, and the new mom has written me just about everyday since she arrived.  She is so thrilled with her.  She said the second page was "perfect"
She was able to figure it out within minutes of her arrival.  pg1.jpgpg2.jpg

If any body out there wants to use any part of these instructions,  great!!  I hate to think of new owners getting frustrated trying to get the hang of it!

I will post pic's of "Danelle" in the Showcase forum.

Linda

oops!  I posted the first page twice,  I will try the second page again.page_2_neck.jpg

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

These Shelties are so realistic they are really amazing...........................

Thank you so much for posting the  :photo: .

The handouts on the neck joints are brilliant too.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Wow, your shelties are simple stunning! Gorgeous work!   The neck flyer is a terrific idea too and very well done. Thank you so much for sharing it with us an generously allowing us to use it too.  :hug:
I haven't made a double jointed neck yet but I really want to. One day soon I'll get up my courage to try it. Right now I have enough trouble getting a regular head situated the way I want it! lol bear_rolleyes

hugs

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Linda, you are awesome! I love that sheltie, you are very talented, very.

Also, thanks for the instructions, very professionally written, I may just steal a part or two of it.

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Wow, Linda, your Shelties are awesome. My mom has a Sheltie, but he's an old bugger now so he doesn't quite look like your stunning creations! I do have a Collie, which of course are different than Shelties, but they sure do have quite a resemblence. I keep looking at those pics, really incredible! bear_thumb

Wow!  How am I supposed to stay humble with all of these compliments from all of you? Thank-you, it means so much coming from this "community".

Your welcome, to all who thanked me for the "hand-out".  I am thrilled to be able to share with you.

I am so new here, I must find more time to explore, and get to know everyone.

Linda

Tynnateddy sault ste marie

bear_grin If you got it....flaunt it girl !!!! bear_grin
Hugs Tynna
P.S. i,m not a dog lover but those are amazing...kudos to you !

Board footer