Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

hello, I am working on my web page still,  bear_rolleyes  I need some help/advice on the way people get the "word out" about their wonderful bears? it has been a while for me, and I'm not so sure anymore, things are a bit different on the net these days.
I thought about exchanging links (Thanks Go to Bed Bears bear_flower ) but that dosn't seem to be what people do now or a least the majority. Well anyway Help bear_wacko Please.
Dorothy (in a clueless place just now) bear_ermm
Also if a person has a bunch of vintage shoebuttons how does that person unload them to other said persons.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Spreading the word: Carry business cards with you everywhere! Hand 'em out! Adertise in the bear mags (if you are feeling rich!)! Participation on boards like this one! Link swaps... especially with suppliers. Bears and Buds, Bear Pile, North Country Teddy Bears.... all great sites to advertise/participate on. Do bear shows or craft shows.

Unloading shoebuttons: eBay

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Dorothy,

My suggestions are that links swaps are great. However, looking at my webpage stats are that most people come from typing in my URL (so they've read about me in a magazine, or someone has told them about me) I also get a lot of hits from Bear Pile, and eBay, a lot of people come from this site to have a nosey around.  I don't too many hits from fellow bear artists sites, although I'm listed on a few, or many hits from Teddy top sites etc .

I would say, get your bears in magazines, but try to find the money to get onto Bear Pile.  That has the best exposure than anywhere else.  Plus it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg - but when you get sales also, it makes it so worth while!  Also, try listing on eBay, that will lift your profile also.

Danni

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Submit photos of your work to the magazines for their editorial features!!!!  I've gotten orders from this... and it's FREE!  Course, there's no guarantee they will use your photos... but it's free..... and they are always looking for submissions!

http://www.teddybearandfriends.com

http://www.teddybearreview.com

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Dorothy, keep spreading the word and dont give up.  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh dear!!!  I didn't mean to be so tactless - just trying to suggest ways to get hits on the webpages.  I didn't mean to suggest that signing up with NCTB doesn't work, it's a fabulous way to get your bears seen and out there, and getting them seen as often as possible is the best way.

So, I'm very sorry to have offended you Nancy - I do find NCTB a fantastic webpage and a great opportunity for artists.

Danni

Board footer