Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

It has been a few years since I've used these and I am not sure about the size and that rachet tool to do them with.
For a 12 inch bear what is a good size? and a good place to get them?
Also I want to add, that after several years of being in a creative funk I finally feel excited again about making my teddy bears. I'll post more on the subject as soon as I gather my thoughts on the matter, right now I just love  bear_flower  that I feel excited and look forward to that wonderful creative feeling returning to me.
I hope this dosn't sound silly bear_ermm  but even if it does that's the risk you have to take.
Dorothy bear_thumb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
I hate having creative funks. I've been there!
Glad you are coming out of it. I find I have to force myself to start sometimes but once I get going I can't stop creating again!

A 12" bear is right on the fence as far as which size bolt to use.  You can go either way.
For big bolts I use the TB1 and for small one I use TB4 here: http://www.edinburghimports.com/shoppin … 92364=S034

For ratchets they are here: http://www.edinburghimports.com/shoppin … 92364=S013 Bottom of page.... #1 for big bolt, #2 for little bolt.

I guess I'd invest in botls and a ratchet for which ever size bears you are apt to make in the future. If you'll make smaller bears (under 12") then get the small bolts. For bigger bears, bigger bolts.

Don't forget washers and nuts!!! bear_original

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

I don't know stuff about bolts - I'm a cotter pin girl - BUT
Congratulations on having rekindled the creative spark!! Isn't it a great feeling?
I am so sorry you were without it for such a LONG time. That sounds quite frightening
to me, actually! Do surround yourself with bits of stuff that excite the urge to create -
keep that fire burning, even if you have to feed it with trying out new stuff. Being allowed
to PLAY is what keeps it fresh for me. I have many irons in the fire right now but every
so often I need to do something completely unrelated - this time, it's making altered art
out of Altoids tins. No one can tell me what it's supposed to look like, & it isn't anything
being made to sell, so I can just have FUN & try stuff out. I used to think this was frivolous
& feel bad about it when I had projects to do, but it is what my mind NEEDS to keep going.
It's the mental equivalent of stretching your legs every so often after being chained to
your desk. & honestly.....it is how I learn the most valuable new stuff & spawn new ideas.

Do whatever you gotta do to keep your Muse happy!  bear_grin

Board footer