Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

:|:(:oWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've most definately got to find new software to design my website and that means days, weeks of struggling through the learning curve and getting my site they way I want it again.

If you are ever thinking of using Front Page to design your website.... DON'T!!! It doesn't work on most servers. (The place where web hosting companies store your website files for viewing. Some Front Page 2002 & most all 2003 file extensions can't be read by their servers.)

I've been at this all week and getting no where... and have no website.

I WILL find a way to have a site again and I will do it myself as I'm not in a position to pay someone to do my site for me. Though I could have made a couple of bears in the time I've been messing around with this website crap!

I just hate this!!!

Daphne

ellen ontario, canada

http://www.timberlineweb.com/main.html

just an option.  somebody else recommended them and their site looks fabulous.  prices are reasonable.  and you can do it yourself!
bear_original

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Daphne,

Like you I wanted to design my own website and maintain it, but there is just so much one person can do.  I did hire a designer to do my website and I am delighted with it.  True, it is a large investment at first, but it is yours forever as long as you maintain it.  It is a window to the world displaying your bears to an evergrowing internet market.

The time it would take for me to learn and actually write the website can be used to make bears to pay for the site.   Working full time, I must spend my time efficiently and this works for me.  At present, my bears are paying for my site.   Whenever I converse with a collector or shop owner, the number one question is "Do you have a website?"   

There are several good people out there that provide this service.  Good luck whichever way you go.  Just wanted to contribute my experience on this subject.

Hugs,

Wanda

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Daphne, I understand that Fortune City does very well with Frontpage...they are very reasonable too.  You might want to check them out.  You can do all your own work also.
Nanc........

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

What about a portal site ? Mine is one. It's very simple to work with and you can do all things you want. Maybe you could install one (drupal is great) for the moment.
Or if you want, I can host your images on my site for a while, until you find a real solution : my website is far from full and I can make you a separate page on with you can link.
It's not a problem for me :).

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Lisa,
Where ya been??? bear_grin That's what I needed to hear.... a hosting company that works with Front Page 2003!!
Thank you from the hair roots still left in tact!! :rolleyes:
Daphne

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi Daphne,
Ellen suggested timberline web design.  They are owned by Nancy Tillberg and she is fabulous with web design.  She did mine.  I would be endlessly frustrated if even attempted to do it myself.  Hats off to those of you who do!

Best of luck Dapne in what ever you decide. bear_happy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Please see:
"I'm dancing now!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm fixed and will be back up again in a couple of days!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great, Daphne . . . things are looking UP!! bear_laugh bear_laugh

Board footer