Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Kathleen Pa

After reading Jennie's post about not selling, I thought I would share something that recently happened to me.  I was going back and forth about putting an ad in the Teddybear Face book, couldn't decide..... Told my husband, what if no one contacts me, what if I don't sell anything from the ad, ( the usually self doubt, worry etc.)  My mom called while I was stewing this over.. started to tell her about the ad, before I could mention my fear of failure she said ,  "what are you going to do if 75 people call you and you don't have enough bears!!!"  Spoken as only your own mother would. lol.  Needless to say, I placed the ad.

Kathleen

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Aren't Mothers just the best!!!! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Hugs &

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

LOL let's hope your Mum's quote comes true!!! Wouldn't that be great!!
Danni

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Could I borrow your mom? Mine shot down an idea of mine today that I'm rather devestated over... which shows how much her opinions mean to me! Oh, I still love her and I'll make her come around to my way of thinking but it was one of those times when a "Great idea, Daphne!" was just what I needed to remove the touch of self doubt I was suffering from. I suppose her negative response actually did that too, made me realize how strongly I believed in my idea after all! Yup, Moms are just the best! Thanks for sharing your story Kathleen to help me see that in my situation today!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

There are two types are mothers-
you have a very busy road, and the child asks the mother if she can cross the road- the mothers says NO- its a very busy road, lots of cars and very dangerous, you will get run over, its exactly the same on the other side, - this child will grow up always curios about life,  scared to venture out.
the other mother will take her child, and help her cross the road, explaining that it is busy, lots of cars, and dangerous, but if you are careful you can cross the road, even thou things are the same on the other side of the road. This child will grow up knowing that life can scary, but if you are careful you can venture out.

My mother was the first mother, yikes, if was only after painful experiences that I learnt that I could cross that road and yes, I could survive.
How we as mothers try and protect our children, when my children left home at the age of 16 to go to an "away" university it was the best for both of us, and how it made us all grow up (me included).

Lynette

Densteds Densteds
Website

Yep!! my mum was the 1st type... I always wanted a two wheel bicycle but never got it because she thought I'd fall off and break something...time to let go after 50 years ay???:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

My mum had a load of stupid sayings....

"This won't get the baby ironed" when she was chatting or sitting down drinking tea and had something to do

"It's enough to make a pudding laugh" - dunno about that one but i think it meant something was ultra funny

Or when i was all dressed up to go out "What the hell do you think you're wearing?" she was sooo loving my mum

As for the "crossing the road" thingy...........i used to get HER across the road - she was as mad as a bag of hair! She only noticed i was'nt there when she had laid the table, served the food and one of the places was left vacant. Lord Bless Her - what a loony. ha ha ha

Obviously i did'nt inherit any of her genes

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

My mum was the second kind, for sure.  She survived lots of adversity in life and was always positive and cheerful and just got on with things and was supportive in anything we wanted to do.   I knew then and I know now that boy, she was a treasure.  Lucky us - lucky me! Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. 

Hugs,

Brenda

nandesign Posts: 361

Oh Penny...your posts always bring a smile to my face...keep them coming. :crackup:  :crackup:

Hugs, Nancy

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia
bear bum wrote:

After reading Jennie's post about not selling, I thought I would share something that recently happened to me.  I was going back and forth about putting an ad in the Teddybear Face book, couldn't decide..... Told my husband, what if no one contacts me, what if I don't sell anything from the ad, ( the usually self doubt, worry etc.)  My mom called while I was stewing this over.. started to tell her about the ad, before I could mention my fear of failure she said ,  "what are you going to do if 75 people call you and you don't have enough bears!!!"  Spoken as only your own mother would. lol.  Needless to say, I placed the ad.

Kathleen

bear_thumb I love your Mum Kathleen ... we need more people in the world just like her.
There's nothing better, than good positve re-inforcement! Give her a  :hug:  from me.

Kathleen Pa

Sandi, you're a real sweetie.  My mom is pretty great.  She has always supported and believed in me, even when I didn't believe in myself.  I guess I'm pretty blessed in the "mom" department.  I'll pass on a big bear hug to her for ya! :hug:

Kathleen

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

It took my mom year to realize that she couldn't protect us from everything even though she tried.  There is one thing she always says that i have never heard anyone else say.  " Don't play with you belly button or your guts will come out!"

Board footer