Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

ginny Blankie Bears
East Chatham

bear_sad I have a quick question for all the mohair experts and nominees out there! (Congrats to you all, by the way!) I have made a few mohair dogs and someone who has just lost her beloved Pekinese pup has asked me to try to make one for her. I would need longer mohair--probably 2 - 3" in length. I have seen some wonderful creations made from mohair of that type, but I have not seen it for sale at Intercal or other mohair sites. Any suggestions as to where to look for it?? I'd appreciate the help!  bear_wub Ginny Nightingale

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_original Hi Ginny

Yep, that is just the right mohair when it comes to making those long coated dogs and you can find that mohair on www.edinburghimports.com
Click on 'Fabric' and then click on 'Choose by Style' and the 3" pile mohair is at the top of the list. Hope this is of help  bear_original

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

It is available through Edinburgh,  just be preapred to pay dearly for it.  When mohair gets that long it becomes very expensive (not that it isn't worth it cause it is) just don't be shocked at the price.

hugs

Shane

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Ginny, I just had a quick look on Edinburgh imports and they have a few of long pieces of mohair on special...some of the white pieces are $224 a yard..normally $376..
this one is even cheaper
http://www.edinburghimports.com/shoppin … sp?FU1=461
Goodluck with making your little Pekinese!

ginny Blankie Bears
East Chatham

Thanks to all of you for your helpful replies. I have purchased lots of mohair from Edinburgh imports and they had such a small (and, yes, expensive!) list of 3" pile mohair that I thought there might be another source. Looks like Edinburgh it is--but a sale is nice! I guess I could dye it if it is the wrong color--right? Ginny

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Intercal has a 2" mohair that can be ordered.  They may have some in stock at the moment.  A call or e-mail to Johnna will comfirm that.

ginny Blankie Bears
East Chatham

Thanks! Will do- and I'll be sure to use cold water dye. This webiste is a real life-linefor Teddy bear makers! Ginny

Board footer