Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

Please bear with my tale of woe bear_cry  bear_wacko
On thursday in the early morning hours we got a call from my son, he was broken down in Santa Barbara on his way home to San Diego. So I drove from San Diego to Santa Barbara delt with the car situation, cracked head gasket. Then to Idylwyld (in the moutains east of Los Angles) to drop off my son at friends who were later going to L.A  then home on Friday evenning, took a half hour nap and woke to the screams of FIRE! Our neighbors garage was engulfed in flames a lot of combustible things kept exploding! My husband is hobbling out the door (he has a bad back and knees) and I am following after him trying to get the kinks out of the water hose (in my housedress no bra) my other son was calling 911 emergency, then I am running to the neighbors yelling fire and getting more hoses out, my neighbor accidently turned the hose on me (wet front) not a pretty sight bear_rolleyes
Our houses are older and wood, a lot of trees and low hanging wires. Well the fire dept came and put it out toot sweet bear_thumb such handsome men bear_tongue
All the neighbors were pulling together, it did my heart good to see this, the young men whose garage caught fire are fine, a new $70,000 dune buggy is not bear_shocked
My brother in law calls to tell me he wants to go back to Santa Barbara with me in the morning to get the car. We did, on Saturday and came back the same day, sigh.
And Then on Sunday at around 5pm, son calls to say he is stuck up in L.A  "can you come get me mom?" I did.
I am plumb wore out bear_wacko
Dorothy

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

ouch, time to relax now
Lynette

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

bear_shocked  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

It must have a been a scary experience with the fire etc but it sounded so funny the way you told it!!! So, you as good as entered a wet t-shirt competition??!!!  :crackup:

I hope you get to have a good rest!  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

my neighbor accidently turned the hose on me (wet front) not a pretty sight

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Within all you woes Dorothy you still found time to smile, bless you, you must be exhausted. Here are some big hugs to help you relax.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
I hope you family and neighbours appreciate you 100%.

Hugs Jane.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Right, take a rest. Drink a bowl of hot chocolate, eat some chocolate cakes/tabs and believe me, unless you are allergic to chocolate, you should feel much better!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_shocked Yikes, Dorothy, what a TRIP bear_shocked

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Thats a MOTHERS love !!!!!

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

Thanks guys, I slept most of yesterday. Now to find some chocolate!

Board footer