Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Miguelwithme.jpgMatilda, here's the big bear I told you about!

He's called 'Miguel the Magnificent' and he's a whopping 32"!!!

In fact, I made this bear about four years ago and haven't made such a big one since.  He was a special commission from a very special lady.  She knew of a young boy called Miguel who had to spend much time having operations in hospital.  She would visit him and show him pictures of my bears and one day, asked him what kind of a bear he would like.  He said he would like a bear about his size to keep him from feeling frightened.  I was commissioned to make the bear. 

The saddest thing was that in the time it took for the bear to be completed, little Miguel passed away.  My customer still had the bear shipped across the Atlantic and gave him to Miguel's mother for comfort, telling her to do what she thought was appropriate with him.  The mother kept him for a time and then auctioned him to raise funds for a battered women's charity.  By some miracle, the bear raised over $3000.00.  I can't tell you how shocked I was.

My only part in this was to make a bear, for which I was paid in full.  The credit for everything has to go to the wonderful lady who commissioned the bear to give as a gift in the goodness of her heart.  Amazing lady.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

He is a gorgeous bear, Paula, and what a great history he has! That is really something to be proud of.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

A totally wonderful bear with a great story to go with him, Paula!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

That is such a sad story.  He is magnificent!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Very sad story, but glad he did some good. You are so brave to make such large bear.
Heather

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

You really make bears that deserve to be cuddled, not just displayed. What a sad but lovely story.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Wow, what an amazing bear.  It really touched me.

Thankyou for sharing it. Paula, you played a big part in it all - you made the amazing bear!
Danni

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Paula, Thank you for sharing your heartwarming story...I spend a lot of time in the hospital with seriously ill children (my daughter being one of them) and I am always amazed at how these children always find the laughter. I've seen them zoom through the hospital halls using their IV poles like a skateboard. I'm sure that little Miguel was happy just anticipating the arrival of his large teddy bear...it's so exciting to have something good to look forward to!

Kathy

Kent
Website

Turn my back for a nap and look what I find!  Thank you all for reading about Miguel and his special bear.

Kathy, heartfelt hugs to you and your lovely daughter.  I have had my worries with my own daughter and I understand to some degree, how hard it can be

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Paula, your bear is looking at me from the display and I think he just understand everything he got through.
So sad and full of memories eyes...
Very sad lovely story...

Julia.

Kent
Website

What a lovely thing to say Julia.  You have made me smile.  Thank you! bear_original

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

A wonderful Bear Paula and what a very sad but  lovely story to go with him.

Hugs
Carolyn

Kent
Website

Thank you so much for popping in Carolyn. bear_original

Board footer