Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

OK I am getting so forgetful and am needing some help , I can not think of the name of the wonderful artist that makes these whimsical fat rabbits and bulldogs I think she is from Canada but am not sure, and I think her first name is Sue. I love her wrok and was telling another artist about her and for the life of me, I can not remember her name.  Please help it is driving me crazy trying to think of it. 

I stinks getting old , my memory is getting horrible. bear_ermm

Bear Hugs
Jodi

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes Yes yes, Thank you shelli, you are a doll!!!!!!!!!! this has been driving me crazy.
Bear Hugs
Jodi

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Gee her critters are beaut arent they? Just loved her rabbits!! thanks shelli. bear_thumb

Isn't her work really great, I went to a bear show and saw her fat rabbits and I was in love,  she is just so clever and creative.

That is the problem with going to bear shows, I am such a fan, I end up spending more then I can make, at about 6 to 1.  I did the kohler show a little while back, it was a great show, tons of artists, not a great turn out where I was at, I signed up late, got a bad location, sold one bear and bought 3.  But Kohler Wis. is beautiful. Had a great family weekend, met some wonderful artists, bought some really cute mice by an artist named Johni of J & J studios, they are about 10 inch tall and the cutest felted face.

I am looking forward to my next show, I am going to see if I can sell some  bears, but I need to start saving some money so I can afford to do that bear_whistle

K Pawz Guest

OMG I have seen them too and fallen instantly in love!!! Her work is amazing !

hugs,
Krista

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Actually, Susan just moved back to the US last year. She's living in ... Wyoming, I think. Susan is a diverse artist -- paints, sculpts, AND makes great bears and animals -- who knows a ton about the marketing and business end of the bear industry. Plus, she lived on an island off the coast of France for a couple decades -- how cool is that? You'd all enjoy her. I'll pop her an e-mail with a link and see if she wants to join TT.

Mindy

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

WOW! Susan's stuff is fantastic, I'm so glad this was posted!  Her "running dog" is just about the coolest/cutest thing I've ever seen.  I'm in love with it and how animated it is!!

:hug:
~Chrissi

I always think that people who do the really creative pieces must have some really great views on things, because if their wonderful creations are swimming around in their brains , what else may come out.  I think Jody Battaglia is really interesting too, I love her work as well, it really makes me smile when I see it. Her work always seems to bring out that inner little girl in me.  When I go to her website I always have an urge to pull out a coloring book and crayons and spend a sunny day laying out in the yard on a blanket and just color my little heart out.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

My goodness . . . is that woman talented, or what??

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

OMG..her stuff is hilarious!!   Love the poodles and bunnies..... and those cat portraits...hahahhahahah too funny!...tx for the site addy.

I love her Rabbits the most, can you imagine if the Easter Bunny looked like her rabbits, I think it would be so much more fun, hmmmmmm I could picture telling our children about "Gunther the Easter Bunny"  bear_grin  Her Gunther I could relate to more, he most likely eats more Chocolate then he gives away.

Bear Hugs
Jodi Moisan

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

As soon as I saw her work I knew who you meant, but didn't know her name. I do love her creativity, too. Their faces are wonderfully expressive.

tantbear Clark, Wyoming

Hello, Everyone,  Susan Tantlinger here!  Mindy Kinsey kindly forwarded this thread to me.  I am sooooo greatful for all the kind words!  This comes at an especially welcome time for me because I have just moved back to the USA in the past few months and am just about ready to update my site with new animals.  Finally!  So I have not had any feedback in a long long while.  I was so busy packing to get out of France and now have been unpacking for months and trying to work in the midst of that.  I don't know how other artists feel, but when I am not selling (because I have nothing to sell) my confidence takes a slight dip.  Felt great to hear those compliments.  Thank you all so much.
  I am trying to get on to this forum.  Appear to have successfully registered but am having trouble (duh) uploading a photo (which is something I do often, just can't seem to accomplish it on this site, but I'll get there.)  Didn't want to wait any longer to thank you. 
Susan.

Susan

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bear_original  bear_flower
The praise is well deserved , I saw one of your rabbit s years back and fell in love!!!!!!!!
I am so glad you have joined.
Thanks so much Mindy for giving her a heads up!

Bear Hugs

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, Susan . . . looks like you did find out how to upload your photo!  Big welcome to Teddy Talk - we're so glad to have you here and hope you enjoy yourself.  Your work is exceptional . . . stupendous!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome Susan!  I didn't lavish the praise on you in this thread because I was rushing to answer Jodi but I hope it counts that I knew who you were immediately.  Such totally creative, original, BEAUTIFUL work!  I'm so glad you're here at TT.  Please don't feel shy about asking questions about the workings of the site.  It's always hard to learn to navigate a new forum (I'm doing that myself on an art card forum the last month and I feel LOST), and we're here to help.

Enjoy!

bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Welcome Susan !! Good to have you be apart of us here at TT !! You will love the visits , time well spent !!!! My name is Jodi Falk , I make mostly 5 inches and under bears and animals, I call the style Americanized Anime . bear_grin Feel free to visit my web sight, I just had a look at yours and had a good time. Again welcome !!!

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Hi Susan,

Remember me from a booth around the corner in Hennef? My computer crashed or I too would've popped in with your name. Glad you're back among us; new life style - Change is Good!!

Bobbie

Board footer