Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I love this topic....although I've only read few of the posts I like many of you listen to a wide range of music styles.  I'm a huge fan (don't be sick here) of Celine Dion.  I also love Bette Midler, Josh Groban, Michael Buble, Andrea Bocelli, Barbra Streisand, christian music, country music,...my list could go on...there are too many to name.

My kids love all kinds of music too.  I never know what to expect when I'm in their cars...it could be anything from Rap, Hip/Hop, class rock, country. blues (which they get from their dad)...who knows.  But my youngest shocked me the other day.  He is a huge fan of Nirvana...and I had the radio on an easy listening station in the car and Taylor says to me...Mom, turn it up...so I did...he said isn't that Neil Diamond and I say, yeah...and then he says I LOVE NEIL...HE'S THE MAN!!!   I about wet my pants laughing...this is my grunged out long haired bass playing skateboarding football defensive end 14 year old.  Where did this child come from?  They never cease to amaze me.

Shantell

Dilu Posts: 8,574

All i can Miss Shantell is that you have raised that boy right! :lol:

I admire his taste.

CracklingRosie hugs

Dilu bear_happy

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Ditto, Shantell bear_grin from the mother of Sweet Caroline!

The boy's alright!

Eileen

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Shantell that is priceless!! bear_grin

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Eileen,
                    You will need to introduce us to your pictures. Who,s Who.  Hugs Rita xxx

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Hi Rita!

Left to right, we're Hubby John, Me, Daughter Caroline, wonderful Son-in-Law Adrian Winter, Adrian's lovely Mom Audrey and Adrian's dad Peter. Adrians parents are divorced. I wish I had one of Adrian's grandmother, who shouted out in the middle of the ceremony, "Remember, Adrian, it's forever and ever!" Too many divorces in the family, I guess.

The lower picture is of me with good friend Kathy! I've had a bit more to drink than she has!

Eileen

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

File0004.jpgHi Eileen,
                   I think I missed the original thread. But your pictures are lovely. I will post my Oldest Daughters Graduation Day in June a week before my Op.My Younger Daughter is at the back, My only Son could not make it which I,m quite sad about.However these things happen.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Such a beautiful family, Rita . . . thanks much for sharing!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I second what Sue Ann said.  Beautiful, beautiful daughters, and what a gorgeous couple you make with your husband.  I just love a sophisticated family photo session; you remind me to schedule one soon.

PS  I love your scarf!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Rita, what a gorgeous family you are!! Your son must be very, very handsome . . . is he married?

Eileen

Deb Upstate New York

Wow; loaded question SueAnn!  I listen to lots of different genres, depending on my mood, what I need to hear, the weather, where I am, how my diet is going ... you get the idea.  Contemporary Christian, Contemporary Country (no twang please), Soft Rock, some Hard Rock, Salsa, Jazz, Oldies in general, miscellaneous other.  Can't stomach heavy metal or real head bangin' rock.

Favorite artists?  Oh several.  It's safe to say that if a song gets my foot tappin', head bobbin', tears flowin', brain thinkin', heart thumpin' or breakin' ... I'm hooked.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Hi,
I am always lurking about reading the posts. Great Family! Your pictures are nice.
I am totally with you all on NEIL DIAMOND, my teenage daughters can sing Hot August Night from memory, and just about any other Neil song, I love Carol King too!!!!
My daughters keep me exposed to new music too, Christian rock, and others, We listen to the KIllers, Green Day, Cold Play, I actually like Lincoln Park.  I like to listen to in Loud!!!!!!
Kathy

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I like different kinds.  I don't like hip-hop, country, R&B, heavy metal or Latin.  I like rock, alternative, classical, big band, etc.  Some of my favorite artists are Lenny Kravitz, Jimmy Buffett, Coldplay, Smashing Pumpkins and I can't remember anything else right now.

clare14 Country Bears
England

I absolutely love listening to the olds when I'm making my bears, Louis Armstrong, Judy Garland, Bing, Frank etc etc....

When I'm in the car I love funky up to date stuff, love The Pussy Cat Dolls new one over here at the moment, but my all time favourites, THE EAGLES:cool:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Way cool, Clare!!  I just bought a "Best of the Eagles" cd recently and am reliving the 70s.  Great stuff!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

I like soft rock for housework etc.--it keeps me moving. The Bee-Gees really get me through the wire-brushing the pet hair from the rugs torture.

My latest bear-making music is Wagner's "Der Fliegende Hollander". It really makes the spirits soar. And I think I'm beginning to understand the German, with a little help from the libretto from time to time.

Come to think of it, I think I'll make a series of opera bears. Does anyone know if this has been done?

Eileen

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow, I'm late on this one, but what fun to read!!!!!
1st, I haven't listened to any music yet in my new studio. I have a TV in there and usually listen to food network. Yeah, I'm a geek.
As for music though, I listen to everything, oldies, rock, metal, new age, hip hop, classical etc, etc. I just don't have any taste for country music though.
To be real honest, I'm very obessed with bass. Iamb one of those cars that drive by with the bass blaring away. I love to build up my car stereo. Like I said, I'm a geek!! LOL

Oboe players, piano players. LOVE IT!! I'm trained in piano as well, but I can also play the drums quite well. Did we need a drummer for our band?? :P

Shelli, I want to see Rent now. Sounds interesting. Also, you are soo lucky to have seen STOMP so many times. I would lOVE to see that, but it's so expensive and I have a hard time convincing my boyfriend to go with me. But next time it's here...........

Heather

rikkisbears NSW Australia

Hi,
I like music from the 40's thru to the early 80's.
I luv piano music , I think I bought  nearly every cd Richard Clayderman recorded,
I also love movie themes especially John Barry's ( Dances with Wolves, Out of Africa , Chaplin etc)
I play a bit of piano, and I've had a fair bit of involvement with electronic instruments , ie keyboards , synthesizers & computer music software, and many keyboard music forums. Not that I'm musical ,  I'm more of a technology junkie.

Deb Upstate New York

OMG girls ... how did we manage to leave out the Bee Gees?!?  Tragedy!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

A Drummer....yeah we need you Heather!

Rita, what a wonderful picture,  You are so proud of your daughter, we can read your face.  Beautiful daughters, handsome hubby, boy ain't life grand?

A lot of you have seen a pic of my house on my web site.  Because it is a dome sound travels around it like you wouldn't believe.  Soooo sometimes we lie on the floor, crank up the vol. and let Beethoven or Wagner vibrate us into another dimesntion.

Opera bears?  I named my oboe Sigfried- I think Tannhauser is my favorite- even after 40 years there's a place in the overature where the horns play a descant at the end that gives me shivers and makes me cry.  I love the idea of Opera Bears.....Toy-ota HO!  Brunhilde would be a lot of fun!

Hugs

Dilu

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Definitely, Dilu--Brunnie's a natural ! That hair! Those bosom thingies! Those horns!

I know the horn descant you mean. Love it. We last heard the overture played at an outdoor concert on a perfect summer night. Thrilling doesn't even begin to describe it . . .

I'm working on a series of Shakespearean and Opera bears. Hamlet's ready for jointing, but Othello and Der Fliegende Hollender are still on the drawing board. The faces will be a real challenge--some not at all teddy-like or cute. Not much housework getting done around here lately.

My husband wants a Samuel Johnson bear. I figure I owe him one, having run up the Visa bill so high! :/

Eileen

Pages:

Board footer