Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

clare14 Country Bears
England

I have just made an old fashioned clown bear, you know, pointed hat and pom poms, but need ideas on how to attach the hat.

I've made a smaller version of this before and did't actually attach it, but as this bears is for a show, and is likely to get picked up a lot, I don't want to spend half the day chasing the hat around the floor!!:D

Any ideas?

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Hat elastic...maybe....?? It should keep it on...but allow it to be removed too

Jenny

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Someone mentioned strong magnets? Used in the head near the ears maybe? Then in the hat? Just thinking aloud as I have not used this Idea yet.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Can you just put a couple of tacking stitches on the sides near the ears or do you really want to have the possibility of removing it on a regular basis?  The magnets would work quite well if you haven't already stuffed and closed the head.

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Hmmm, I would go ahead and use round elastic...that is the way a real clown would do it. If people pick up the bear and mess up the hat it still can be fixed...Winney

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi All,
I use tacking stitches.
Amy

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I use a few tacking stitches at the back of the hat, to the head.

Carolyn

clare14 Country Bears
England

Thanks so much for all your suggestions folks:)

I'm going to go with the tacking stitches as the bear is designed to always wear his hat as he has pom poms sewn on his tummy too.

Thanks again x

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

How about a couple of straight pins (like a small hat pin). I've bought a few bears with Flowers and ribbons things attached with a pin.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I turn my old doll needles into hat pins. You can add all sorts of things to the end. tassels beads flowers pompoms etc... I use gumnuts myself. They look brilliant with antique stlye bears.    Just a wee thought....

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Gumnuts??.. bear_rolleyes Sorry,may I ask,not trying to be nosey or seem "dumb" but I am genuinly interested.. bear_laugh

Thanks.Shari.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

What do you wish to know.?

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Matilda, that's a great idea, but I'm intrigued, or maybe just thick:rolleyes:, what's a gumnut??

Board footer