Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

Jodi I just read your article at Cybear Cafe http://www.cybercubscafe.com/recipes.htm
I wanted you to know that it was inspiring to me and that it made me feel hopeful. My situation is a bit different (my husband is on complete disability now) It has been a challenging couple of years, bear_wacko  not much bearmaking getting done, fits and starts mostly. But now I feel more hope and hope is such a good thing.
thanks a bunch. bear_flower
Dorothy

lulubears Posts: 280

I just went and read the article and it was really great.  What stuck with me was the part that Jodi indicated that people don't know her now, but that's okay.  Now that's an attitude that I really, really admire!  I can't tell you how many people I've met that spend more time trying to become "known" than they do working on their craft.  In years past, all the bear artists were "known".  The reason is because there were so few of them, that if you joined the bear world, you HAD to have heard about them, seen them at shows or read about them in magazines.  In today's bear world, when you bring up the name of the early artists, no one knows who you are talking about.  I've never worried too much about becoming "known", but certainly don't admonish those that are.  Good for them for being fortunate enough to be in the public eye and have their work so sought after.

After all these years, neither myself, my bears or my shows have ever been mentioned in a US bear magazine, but I'm still having a blast!  Our shows are full every year, I'm still making bears that I love and most of all, still having fun doing it all.  That's what counts for me.  From the very beginning, I always said that when it wasn't fun anymore, I'd quit.  So far, so good.  Seems like that same plan is working for Jodi.  You go girl!

Luann

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Jodi , I just read this, with talent like yours you will be right back where you were, in no time, your bears are so wonderful they can't help but stand out!
Hugs
Jodi M.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Wow thanks you guys !!! I was surprised to see this post !! I hope I can inspire people and bring joy at the same time. Life some times can really distroy your spirit , and sadness can be so overwhelming but hang in there ,.... there are brighter days ahead. And even if those days arn't what you would have chosen for your self thats ok to !! Make your days as happy and as smooth as you can , no matter what happens around you. And making bears is my thearopy, it makes ME happy , and it always amazes me when some one wants to adopt one of my bearies !! And I feel so much joy when they get back with me and tell me how much they love them and that they make them smile .... thats what it is all about really !!!

I may never be rich with money but I am building a bank of SMILES !!!

Jodi Falk

Bears by Jodi Where Smiles Come To Life !!!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Jodi what a great write up about you.  You have the same philosophy as we do which is just have fun.  I wish more people took that attitude in life.  Life is far to short and we believe that everything that happens in life was designed to happen that way.  Every experience and situation you go through is designed to teach you something or you are to learn from it.   Positive attitude goes along way.

Just remember that life goes on and there are bigger and better things always waiting around the corner, people just have to open their eyes to them.

A good example of what I'm talking about is going to a bear show and seeing someone who is complaining about their sales being low and what an awlful show it was?  Just stand back and watch that person and how they interact with other people.  If your not having fun and not enjoying the experience then you are sending out all of these negative thoughts and trust me people pick up on those thoughts and it pushes them away.   

Jodi you have the right attitude and you can do anything you want, it may take a little time but honey you will get there and we all can do anything we put our minds to.

Ok coming down off my soapbox now  :lol:.

big hugs and keep up the great work

Shane

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I think sometimes that if someone has life too easy, they don't appreciate it, when the hard times happen and does not defeat us we grow an inner strenght , if we are able to then look at those events and find humor then we  grow an inner peace.

Jodi , you are like cream,  your amazing talent and endless kindness will rise to the top.

Hugs
Jodi :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I am so pleased that everyone enjoyed Jodi's recipe for success.  It touched me too and made me completely re-evaluate where I was going with my bears.  If anyone else would like to share their "recipe", please just answer the question and send me some photos of your bears.  You will have a write-up just like Jodi's along with a small photo gallery of your work.  We can all grow as artists if we share what we've learned along the way.

Thanks Jodi!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Kudos Darling Jodi, wonderful article-i am so glad you shared it with the rest of the world.

gollyslobberkisses-messy but you can always shower.....

dilu

Stellajella Wien

Jodi is a true inspiration! Thank you  :hug:

Dorothy, I hope that you could get a new view on things which might help you in many ways....and I guess you need bear making badly! bear_original
All the best!

Gaby bear_flower

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Lisa wrote:

We can all grow as artists if we share what we've learned along the way.

Beautifully said, Lisa; I couldn't agree more.

Jodi, that's a lovely write up and I agree with what others have said; your work is just precious and beautifully conceptualized and crafted.  I'm glad you're pleased and proud and that Dorothy wrote to let us know where to find it!  bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, it is a very nice article!  Thanks to you, Jodi, for sharing your experience with us all.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.
Stellajella wrote:

Jodi is a true inspiration! Thank you  :hug:

Dorothy, I hope that you could get a new view on things which might help you in many ways....and I guess you need bear making badly! bear_original
All the best!

Gaby :rose:

Yes I do.... I need it like I need air.  I get a little oh, obsessive sometimes: everything must be just this way or that. Jodi helped me to see a joy that I lost track of for a while. Especially as I am getting older and it seems their are less oprotunties, less money, lots of time... There is an art that I can say "I am good at that, it's mine."
Keeps me moving forward.
Thank you for your kind words, Dorothy

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Dorothy,

I am glad it helped some one !! I know life is hard allot of the times...but on a sunny day just look around and see all the good there is, the fresh air, the singing birds, the fluffy white clouds, and then realize ... we are all in the same boat, we just need to keep things as light as possible and only do one day at a time. If that is to much do an hour at a time and if that is to much just a few minutes. I am very thankful for a happy art as teddy bear designing. Isn't it fun to see happy little faces come to life? I am just very thankful GOD gave me this talent because I have enjoyed it so very much. And I am thankful for all my teddy friends !! We are just one big fuzzy family !!! Any time I can help out or pray for you feel free to PM me .

Bear Hugs and Blessings from Above...Jodi Falk

Board footer