Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

macy1029 Posts: 24

Hi All

I would love to learn how to creat teddy bears.  Has anyone here taken the basic teddy bear-making course at Ebears Z University?  How is the course?  Is the video instructive?  Will it be money well spent?  Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.  BTW all of you are incredibly talented.  I love looking at your work!!!

Dana  bear_rolleyes

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Hi Dana,
I took a class on there about thread and scissor sculpting. I haven't taken a beginning bear making class through EBearz but I really liked the class I took so I think it would be worth trying.
Aeri

K Pawz Guest

I have taken a couple through there, air brushing and extreme sculpting and both were amazing classes and well worth the money.

hugs,
Krista

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I took the heirloom bear course when I wanted to supplement my own research on making real fur bears. Not only was the course material really instructive but Nancy Tillberg is readily available to answer questions personally whether about the course itself or about how coursework at eBearz works.  I think you'll be pleased!

Hi Aeri, Krista and Shel, thanks so much for your input.  I haven't taken too many internet courses so I'm a bit leary before I take them.  Glad to know that all the classes worked out for all of you.
Dana

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I have taken that course and about 12 others all online through E-Bearz. All of them have been money well spent- you will not be disappointed. The class can be printed out so you have a reference forever to refer back to Go for it!!!!!
Hugs
Gail

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Any course you do via this site is money well spent. I have done a few although not the basic beginner bear.

Most courses are presented with lots of pictures and then the notes. You have a forum where you can go to discuss any problems you have and to also chat and meet the other students doing the course.

Once you register and have paid, you will then be sent a code which allows you to enter into the classroom and another code to get into the chat forum.
The course will then be conducted over a period of time, allowing you the time to sit down, learn and sew your project.
Every two or three weeks a new chapter will open for you to continue and at the end you are given a grace period to complete your project.
Your completed project can then be displayed for all to see in the special section for this.

At any stage if you feel lost, you can via email contact your teacher or via the chat forum ask and find out what you are battling with, no matter how silly you think the question might be.

For the classes you have a print out version of the class to keep for further reference, or I have been printing out the complete course, (yes I am using alot of ink)but then when I am stitching which happens to be in another room on the other end of the house, I have all on hand for easy reference.

Now after all this have you signed up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynette

Yes Lynette I WILL sign up!!!!  And Gail, 12 courses--wow!!!!  All of you who responded have been so nice to let me know what your experiences have been and I am glad to know that there are such great classes out there.  I will think about you all when I am struggling with my first bear.  Thanks again.

Dana  bear_flower

Board footer