Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

CHARITY06.jpgCHARITY05.jpgCHARITY02.jpgCHARITY01.jpgHi !  Here is my auction bear for the Charity auction.  I thought I would name her CHARITY.   

CHARITY's  pattern design is by Nancy Tillberg.  She has given avery artist who wants to participate, permission to use her Antique style bear pattern from her book 101 Bears.

CHARITY is made from distressed white German mohair and is 12" tall.  I sized the pattern to 70% of the original size.  She has German glass eyes with hand painted backsides for a dazzleing sparkiling blue/silver effect.  She has added upper and lower eyelids and needle felted top eyelid area.  She is fully jointed and has a bellie full of pellets.

Mulit-color layered airbrushed details to her face, ears, chest, and German mohair paws.

CHARITY wears a pretty blue and pink hand knitted removeable dress with a sheer pink bow and ribbon roses.

Watch for details when the charity bears will be listed on ebay.  For more information go to www.northcountryteddybears.com

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awesome!

I'm loving the peek at how different these all turn out.  There is a definite similarity in the posture of each, but the faces and materials used are incredibly different looking.

For anyone who wants a reminder, my charity bear was WAFFLES (http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=1298) and Gail (Loonie) has one posted here, too:  http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=1477

Fun!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Shelli and Gail. I love how your bears turned out.   I think it is such a treat to see how the same pattern comes out so different with each artist special touches.

I haven't seen anyone else bears yet.

Art makes the world a more beautiful place!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

buddy.jpgoscarandbuddy.jpgHere is mine - posted it a while back...

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Judi your bear is soo sweet!  She looks so soft!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Judi - SOOOO cute!  And all of these charity bears are awesome!  Way to go, folks!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hey Kim. I musy have missed your posting of your bears.  Great!  Did you make two?  I really like the colors on your littel one.  Did you dye that yourself?

Deb Upstate New York

Judy ~ She's great!  Love the rosy cheeks!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

The little one is my own pattern.  I hand shaded his whole body with drk blue, turquoise and purples to give him a tyedye effect... His nose is also tri colored bear_original

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Judi and Kim your bears are beautiful.  Judi, I decided yesterday that I could make a bear in time for the Charity, cut it out and chose a name.  CHARITY !!!!! You stole my name  a055.gif  Great minds think alike.  Your "Charity is"  much more deserving of the name !  a040.gif  She is stunning as usual.  Superdeduper !

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kim, I remember yours now... sorry to have overlooked it in my link gathering.  I was in a hurry... bear_sad  Please forgive!  It more than deserves inclusion.  Such a cutie, and with a little "friend" to boot.

That just makes one more incredible bear to view and compare.  Fascinating!  And all of them, darling... or so I think, anyway. bear_happy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hmmmm..... I best get sewing! How many more days do I have?????? GULP!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Judi, she is sweet heart ! 
She has beautiful beautiful face and lovely dress♪

Daphne,  Don't worry....you need to submit picture by 30SEP05(but Nancy said she will be appreciate if we send her our bear-photo by this friday...) .
However my bear is not done yet too !!!
I need to sew 2 more foot pad and I will be done with sewing part but..
I need 2hours each to stuff each leg and arms and more time for head! :lol:
I'm so slow~.
Hugs/Marie

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

What a sweet little girl, she stole my heart. I love everything about her & I want to give her a big hug.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Amazing Judi - you done good girl (like always!)

Hope he sells for heaps of money!

Danni

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Judy...you're little Charity is divine...

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks ladies!

Hey Tammy, please feel free to use the name "Charity" also.  It won't bother me a bit.  We're all in this together...one big bear hug!

Daphne. get that needle and thread flying , girlie.

I think it would be a neat idea to send photos of the finished bears  to Teddy Bear and Friends, and Teddy Bear review...and any other publications you guys can think of.   We could let the world see the power of a teddy bear.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Beautiful, Judi

I looove those eyes! It is amazing how different all the offerings are. I've seen Kim's, but the bigger pictures are a treat.

Mine's coming along. I need a few more hours at the needle, and then I get to wrestle with the camera, huzza!

I think it's a great plan to approach the teddy mags with our project . . . it might give other bearpeople the idea.

Eileen

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Judi! What a little sweetheart! Charity bear is as adorable as all of your babies. She is a treasure!

Many Hugs Louise

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LOL I thought I was waiting to the last minute to get mine done but theyve been done for a while now LOL  I bet you gals will be sewing up a storm this weekend! LOL bear_grin  By the way, does Ebay give a discount because it is for charity?  Also, do we set a reserve or should I be asking Nancy T this LOL

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

By the way shelli - i know it wasnt intentional you not mentioning my bear(s), I posted them both a long long time ago bear_original no prob, bob LOL bear_happy

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Such a pretty bear!  Judi, your bears are unique!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Lovely Judi
so pretty bear_original  I love her eyes..so much depth bear_original
Hugs sarah

Board footer