Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

KeeleighFace.jpgThis is "Keeleigh" a Wheaten Terrier made for a woman who lost the real Keeleigh at 13 years of age. I don't enjoy making critters that have to look like something/someone in particular because I don't feel it's a strong ability in my furry art skills. So when I took on this order, as I have with past Wheaten orders, I made it clear the dogs I make are 'character dogs'... they'll look similar to the breed in color and/or shape... but I can't promise it'll look like their particular dog.

Keeleigh.jpg

Well, Keeleigh's mom says she was brought to tears to see what I made for her and her son looked at the pictures and said "That's Keeleigh!" immediately.  You have no idea how releived I was to hear that! I've put more hours into this dog than I do some of my best bears! She sent me a few pictures of her dog... in every picture Keeleigh looked quite different so it was hard to figure out which look to go with!

Now it's back to my true love..... BEARS!!!!

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Keeleigh is absolutely amazing!  You should be very proud of it - just beautiful  bear_wub

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

:clap: Daphne
Congratulations! You have his essence! HE is a special Wheaten. That's what we try to create with our art  bear_thumb
Karen
P.S. This is a problem or blessing? If you are sensitive to your customer sometimes you really do see and create their dog, or cat bear_rolleyes I have stopped creating cats that have left this earth, it's just too emotionally draining.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
KJ Lyons wrote:

I have stopped creating cats that have left this earth, it's just too emotionally draining.

Bingo!!!

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Wow, incredible.  That nose is amazing, well, everything's amazing.  He's really, really CUTE!!!  I just want to hug him!!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

He's beautiful Daphne...I would  be thrilled!!!  It brings tears to my eyes just reading the reaction from your customer.

But I'm all emotional lately anyway.

bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Truly a sensational piece, Daphne!  He's wonderful!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Just beautiful, Daphne. Keeleigh is the same coloring of our Harley and since his ears never went up like a real Scottie, he looks something like Keeleigh. I'm sure your client will cherish her.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Daph... this is incredible.  You should be super proud!

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Great job! That dog is beautiful!
Aeri

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

we need a 'jaw-dropping smiley' - this doggie is incredible!  :clap:

I agree with all on departed pet art - it's too draining, I only do it very occasionally.

Brilliantly done - be proud!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh Daphne - he's adorable, you've done amazingly well, and you have an amazing talent doing doggies.
Gorgeous Wheaten - I don't think he looks charactery at all.   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Danni

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Keeleigh is beautiful Daphne and how proud you must be of him.
No wonder his new Mum was brought to tears - so adorable bear_wub

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thank you!  bear_original  :hug:

Keeleigh was a very special girl to her 'mom' so this tribute to her was very special and important to get right. Too much pressure! bear_wacko

I have no intention of pursuing the making of dogs beyond the occasional Wheaten.... I've done an Airedale and a Border Terrier, oh, and a Cairn... all for special requests. I'll leave dog making to the masters. When I look at Tammy Hendricks's dogs I immediately surrender any thoughts of pursuing dogs!!!

All of your compliments are greatly appreciated!

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Daphine. What do you mean ? you don't have strong abilities in that furry art You sure proved wrong.I would say you have very strong abilities. It Awsome.  bear_thumb All you represente is there in this beautiful piece of art.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Mary - Thanks.... I guess what I mean is that making dogs to look realistic doesn't just 'flow' out of me, it doesn't come naturally..... it takes a lot of extra effort and TIME.... it's exhausting and frankly, not a very enjoyable process for me. I wish it was! I am usually quite satisfied with the results but the getting there.......  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Dee,  bear_flower
This piece is exceptional.  Truly. 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Daphne, he is wonderful!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA