Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hi there,
I know a lot of folks here have diet restrictions, eat "healthier" foods and snacks, and might have this stuff in their homes right now. I eat this stuff all the time, but haven't had it around for a bout a month or so. All of the cases of illness have been little kids I think, which is sad because parents use this stuff for lots of reasons...the vegetable part, it melts almost instantly so poses little choking hazard, easy take along snack for kids.  The recall is for all sizes/barcodes/exp. dates/etc.  Throw out what you have. 
:hug:
~Chrissi

Robert's American Gourmet Food Inc. recalled all its Veggie Booty snacks across the U.S. and Canada because the mix might be contaminated with salmonella, regulators said Thursday.

Fifty-one people in 17 states, mostly children age 3 and younger, were infected with potentially deadly salmonella bacteria linked to eating Veggie Booty, according to a statement posted on the Food and Drug Administration's website. The snack, which contains vegetables such as kale and spinach, is sold in grocery stores and over the Internet.

veggie-booty.jpg

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_sad   What on earth is happening to our food supply??  I feel so bad for those families.  They were trying to raise their youngsters with a healthier food and this has to happen. 

Thanks very much for the warning Chrissi!!  :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Wow, thanks for the info Chrissi.  I usually have Veggie Booty in my pantry for a snack.  In fact, I think I have a bag out there right now.  I'm going to go throw it away immediately!!!

Thanks so much for the info!!!

Board footer