Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I've have never been a very vain person...but honestly in the past year I swear the wrinkles have popped out faster than Skippy pops out kittens.   bear_tongue   And, now that I've dropped a few pounds they are even MORE noticeable.   Anyone got any secrets for either hiding them or getting them to just plain GO AWAY.   I don't want to look like I have kids in their 20's.  I've enjoyed people says "you don't look old enough..." and I'd like to keep it that way.   :crackup:

Any products out there that actually work for diminishing those fine lines?  I can't believe I'm actually asking this. bear_whistle

Drooping Hugs,
:crackup:   :crackup:   :crackup:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I'll be waiting for the answer on this one too Shantell!!! bear_grin

You do look very young though, so I'm not sure why you are worried!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  I don't know how to tell you this, ladies, but (gasp) wrinkles happen . . . and stupid brown age spots, and dull gray hair, and sagging - um - everything, and - well, that's enough for now.  Short of cosmetic surgery or lasering or whatever the latest technique is (and these are only temporary) . . . I'm not sure the aging process can be thwarted.  I think probably the best answer is good genes.  However, my grandmother, who lived to be 97, told me her secret to staying young-looking . . . Oil of Olay.  So there you have it.

If you are  thinking . . . sheesh, that woman is NOT aging gracefully, you'd be absolutely correct!!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I'm a cream fiend ... eye cream, face cream, day cream, night cream, sun cream, body cream ... you name it!

I've also always been a great believer in looking after your skin (I have vitiligo, so have never really taken skin for granted) and I stick faithfully to that old adage 'cleanse, tone, moisturise' and always use high factor sunscreen.  Whether it works or not is anyone's guess, but it makes me feel good and let's face it, you develop fewer wrinkle when you smile, than you do when you frown so that alone makes it worth the effort and expense!  bear_tongue

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

:hug: Awww, Shantell...  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

My Mother In Law works part time selling for Clarins at Macy's, so she brings over a bag full of samples every so often.  The "make-up ladies" all swap their various samples with one another... so I've tried just about every skin care line out there.  What I actually like though is Olay Definity... stuff you can buy at the corner drug store!  It's NOT inexpensive, but I do think that my skin looks a lot brighter, and I like the way it feels on my face.   

I HATE thinking of myself as being vain about wrinkles too!   bear_tongue  I'm in the same boat though!    :hug:

Kim Basta

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

FaceTigger-171x180.jpg

Well, I guess it's time to show you guys what I really look like without make-up.  Yep, I'm a dog.  And just look at all my wrinkles! Doesn't seeing the real me make you feel any better Shantell?

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

HA!  You crack me up, Lisa.

Shantell, I hate aging too.  I'm actually not much of a creams and lotions girl, or a perfume girl as discussed in another thread recently.  But I do have dry skin and need SOMETHING for that, plus I'm not immune to looking for wrinkle remedies, especially since I have one of those "expressive faces" and very fair skin.  I've had horizontal lines on my forehead FOREVER; you can literally see them as far back as my sophomore year high school photos!  Oh, how I've longed in my life for a high, round, wrinkle-free forehead.  It's just genetics for some of us, and the way we move our faces.

Anyway...I was just telling my husband the other day that, I swear to you, I have less crepiness and wrinkling around and under my eyes the last month or so, even since I've been using a VERY inexpensive (like $6) generic cream in a tub from our local drug store, Walgreen's.  It's Walgreens ALPHA HYDROXY cream and it says, "8% of a 70% AHA solution" on the side.  White tub, red and black lettering... if you have Walgreen's where you are. I'm usually very much not a fan of creams in a tub as they tend to be heavy but for whatever reason, this one absorbs quickly and feels light and not at all icky.

It doesn't have sunscreen and it's not technically a face cream although I use it for that and nothing else; I can't stand the feeling of all that on my skin and don't spend much time in the sun anyway.  It's a glycolic acid which is a chemical exfoliant and really, I swear, it's actually making a difference. Not on deep wrinkles, mind you -- those would take Botox and some collagen filler, neither of which I'm inclined to pursue just yet but maybe someday! -- but on fine lines, crepiness, and for sure on my crow's feet (which actually don't even really bother me that much.)

Anyway, for the price and the results, this one I can recommend highly.  I use it all over my face in the morning and around and under my eyes at night.  Here's a pic:

135956.gif.jpg

Hope this helps!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Shantell... when are we gonna see a pic of the new you!?   :hug:  :photo:

OOOO.... Not to change the topic here, but is that a new picture of you under your avatar Shelli?  I can't quite put my finger on it, but you've changed something, maybe?  I don't know.... you look absolutely gorgeous though!  :hug:

Kim Basta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

OT reply to Kim (skip as warranted) -- I am an old crinkled bat and am finally showing my true colors.  Aren't you paying attention to the wrinkle conversation here, woman?  Laughing here...

Actually, it's a brand new photo of me with just the tiniest flick of mascara on my top lashes.  It's about as close to natural as I get (I usually wear a bit of lipstick and eyeshadow) and I rather liked the photo and thought I needed to update from my 2003 wedding picture (where I was dressed to wed and not looking like every day Shel) anyway.  Also, the last pics of me you saw were probably from the NC show in April.  I've lost 20 pounds since then and am working on losing more (amazing what public humiliation will do) and grown out that not-me shaggy haircut since then, so I'm back to my stuck-in-a-rut-but-it-works-for-me bob.

So maybe that's it.  ???

Thanks for the very nice compliment, for sure!  This photo is the one I sent to Boyds for promotional purposes so I'm glad it made a nice impression.  My hope is that they print it 1x1 inch in black and white.  I'm actually not an attention seeker when it comes to personal photos and historically don't like having my picture taken much. I'm absolutely dreading any print appearances this picture might make.

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

Well, I do have kids in their 20's it's not such a bad thing, really. bear_rolleyes   I shared some of this information with the ladies at my work, and got the cold shoulder all day. bear_sad  I guess not knowing is comforting and makes it eaiser. But just in case you are curious. Please check out these sites:
http://www.safecosmetics.org/companies/signers.cfm
http://www.coopamerica.org/pubs/realmon … metics.cfm
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/
Dorothy

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

First of all, thanks ladies for the tips!!

Dorothy, two of my kids ARE in their 20's...I'm still in denial  :crackup: my youngest is 16.  I think he may be the cause of all my new wrinkles.   :crackup:   :crackup:   :crackup:

Shelli, that is a lovely photo of you.  I hardly wear any makeup either.  I've always liked the natural look...anything more and I look like I should be standing on a street corner.

New photo...procrastination...bottom line!!!  Well, that and getting Taylor ready for school to start next week.  He has what we call daily doubles here which is football practice twice daily...starting at 6:00 - 8:00 a.m. and then again from 3:00 - 5:30 p.m.    Soon, I'll get it taken and posted...soon!!!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Sue Ann: You absolutely nailed it. I totally agree with your analysis.

Lisa:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  You're silly.

Shelli: Your new picture is lovely. I'm very fair, too, and no matter how much make-up I use, I still look sheet white.

Shantell: I think I told you when I started TT that you don't look old enough to have kids in their 20's. I've used very, very expensive, and very, very inexpensive. I think the thing is to be consistent with skin care, as Paula said. I have very dry and sensitive skin and cannot use everything even those that are very expensive. I tried Oil of Olay years ago when I was first married and it was murder on my skin, but I know others who swear by it. I pretty much use Lancome and L'Oreal products. They used to have the same parent company, probably still do. I think you pretty much have to try it out to find if you like it. Hit the cosmetic counters at Macy's or whatever is near you. You can get advice, but don't have to buy...though they'll try to sell to you. Ask for samples.

Good Luck...if you find a miracle, let me know.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Shantell, I'm one of those people that never thought I'd let age bother me either..but now its like...no, I don't want wrinkles haha.  Hope that you find something that works  bear_thumb

Shelli, great picture!  Its so nice to see a face that is fresh and natural bear_innocent  I hate makeup...just lazy tho haha

Board footer